12. everyone's reunited

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER TWELVE

˚◞♡

"LUNAR ELLIPSE"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     PATIENCE wasn't Blaze's strong suit. He had never been patient in his 17 years of living, and he didn't plan on it anytime soon. He had the patience the size of a hamster. When he pushed Scott under that water, he assumed it would take less than five minutes for him to emerge with the location of the Nemeton but allowing your heart to stop and hoping you'd come back takes longer than that apparently.

16 hours later and Blaze was ready to rip them from underneath that water himself and say fuck it. Lydia and Blair tried to distract him, but nothing helped. The only thing to stop him from doing anything stupid was Deaton telling him that he could harm Scott or kill him for good if he interrupted the sacrifice.

"So, you and Stiles, huh?" Blaze randomly spoke up to Blair who was sitting beside him on the ground, both of them looking at the baths.

"So, you and Scott, huh?" Blair repeated his question making the older man scoff.

"Don't try to change the subject. How does that happen? I think I see you guys at each other's throats more than anything." Blaze almost chuckled at the number of times that he saw them quietly bickering in class or just rolling their eyes at each other. It was amusing, to say the least.

"He's annoying as can be." Blair rolled her eyes, but anyone could see the feelings she held for the boy, "Besides, he's in love with Lydia."

Blaze broke his state with the bath to look at his sister who was now looking at her hands which fiddled together aimlessly, "You can love more than one person, sometimes it just takes time to realize it. He may love Lydia but the way he looks at you and cares for you clearly says he isn't in love with her."

Blair stayed quiet for a moment, "It doesn't matter. If this all goes to shit, whether we save their parents or not, we're still going to be leaving town. I guess you should be lucky to be in love with someone like Scott."

"I'm not going anywhere, and neither is Scott. I'll kill Deucalion myself before I step foot past that leaving sign." Blaze stated, "He was supposed to protect you and instead he used you as a weapon for his gain and he used you to get to me as well."

"Blaze—" Blair looked over at him.

"But he's not going to use you anymore. I know you're worried about what will happen when this is all over. What'll you do and where you go? The Hales aren't exactly the picture-perfect family but I hope you'll stay. Be a part of whatever this is. We could use you here, Luna." Blaze spoke to her softly. He never realized how much he wanted a real family until he started to gain one and now, he didn't want to lose it.