10. hold my hand and don't let go

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER TEN

˚◞♡

"THE OVERLOOKED"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

BLOOD rushed through his veins as he took note of what was happening. Blood scattered along the walls, and glass shattered amongst the floor covering the carpet and floor in transparent pieces that shined under the moonlight but what caught Blaze's attention was the lack of his mother figure's presence.

The office that he has visited one too many times, the place that became his safe place to express his feelings, the place where he met the women who treated him like a son despite not sharing blood unlike his other "adoptive parents" whom he likes to act like they never existed. She was gone and the place was destroyed, and he already knew what had happened.

Charlotte was taken minutes before he arrived much like Stiles and his father. After the sheriff was taken, Scott and Stiles raced to Derek's to inform him of his newest girlfriend's secret while trying to find his father. Blaze ran home to try and find his foster mom but couldn't find her anyway until he came across her destroyed office.

Water dropped from Blaze's face as he stood in front of the destroyed wall which allowed the rainstorm outside to hit him like a slap across the face. He couldn't see anything other than the stormy night. The tears in his eyes followed the rain onto the floor as his lip trembled at the realization that he might lose another person he cared about, "Mom." His voice cracked, hoping she would appear and be okay, but nothing happened.

No warm familiar voice, no assuring him that everything would be okay, no Charlotte Pierce. She was taken and he didn't know how much longer he had before the next sacrifice.

The last sacrifice.

───⊱༺༻⊰───

Blaze arrived at the hospital; he didn't know why but Scott told him to meet them there, so he went without question. He wasn't in the mood for a million questions, he trusted Scott to know what he was doing to save the sheriff and now Charlotte.

He could barely make Stiles and Scott out in the storm, but he did see the bat in Stiles's hand, "What's that?" He questioned as they walked towards the hospital.

"You guys have claws, I have a bat." Stiles shrugged, his flannel shirt blowing behind him in the wind.

Blaze saw Derek holding Jennifer by the arm as they walked into the hospital making him pissed as he walked over to them and pulled Jennifer out of Derek's grip and slammed her against the wall making her gasp in surprise.