13. love is in the air

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

˚◞♡

"ANCHORS "
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     RAIN TRICKLED DOWN THE STONES. The mud clinging onto their shoes with every step. The grass looked like the flowers. Some of it is alive, some of it dead. No voices were heard, just walking and staring.

Scott's hand was tight in Blaze's grip. Refusing to let go as Blaze mourned his forgotten family.  Sniffles came from his sister who allowed herself to miss the family she lost while Stiles stood beside her. Blaze was quiet for the most part. He didn't have anything to say, and he was too afraid to open his mouth and allow himself the dignity to realize how much he missed them.

Charlotte stood next to Derek and Jeremiah who had brought the twins to the graveyard where their family was laid to rest.

Scott wanted to say something, anything that might help Blaze, but nothing came to mind. He didn't know what to say to help ease the pain the memories brought. When the fire first happened, Blaze and Blair never had the chance to comprehend what was happening and what was going on but now that they were older and could understand what Kate Argent had done to their family, their life and they didn't know how to take it.

Jeremiah took a few steps forward, leaving the umbrella behind with Derek and Charlotte as he moved to stand beside Blaze who was watching Blair crouch in front of the headstones with the fresh flowers that were getting soaked from the rain.

It had been three days since Jeremiah had given his kids and nephew their memories back and it had been weird, to say the least. Blair couldn't be happier to have her dad and family back, but the thought of that night had left her with nightmares and more trauma much like Blaze who avoided talking about or to Jeremiah.

Stiles had explained to Blair about Kate Argent being the one to start the fire, how Peter had killed Laura, and everything that had happened that she wasn't here to witness. She was horrified to learn about Laura and was confused about most of the Argent family and how they were involved with Scott and Blaze, but she was starting to get the hang of it. She was more focused right now on her deceased family.

"I know this is awkward right now, but I want you guys to know that I'm sorry for leaving and that you only now get to grieve our family. They loved you guys so much that separating you was the only way to try and protect you." Jeremiah said softly for both of them to hear.

"Was it? Or was that just the easier option?" Blaze scoffed snidely. He pulled his hand from Scott and shoved both of his hands in his pockets. He remembered that night. Waking up to screaming and smoking. How scared he felt in this bedroom waiting for someone to come in and tell him what was happening. He remembered how his father picked him up and raced outside to safety, his voice screaming for Luna, wondering where she was, and the way he felt weak from the smoke in his lungs. He remembered his dad looking at him with worry and fear and how he promised that they would be together again. That one day he would understand.