11. sacrificial visits

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER ELEVEN

˚◞♡

"ALPHA PACT"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     CHRIS woke up with a groan, his body tied with rope and blood dripping from the side of his face.

"You okay over there?" He heard the sheriff's voice, but he could barely focus on his surroundings.

"Chris? It's Chris, right?" Melissa asked him, her arms leaning on her knees.

"Yeah..." Chris nodded, his head falling leaning against the pillar he was tied to. He looked around him, a feeling of despair filling his body as he recognized the place. "Ohhhh..."

"Is it just me, or has somebody been here before?" Noah said aloud, hoping he had some idea about this place.

"Years ago." Chris grimaced before he tried to grab the hidden knife attached to his ankle, "Hate to disappoint you, but we watched her take your ankle knife."

"...And the knife that's in your sleeve."

"...And the switchblade in your other sleeve."

"And the taser in your jacket pocket." Jennifer swung open the doors and made her way down the steps, "Argent... The French word for "silver."

She took out a white cloth and wet to touch Argent's forehead, but he moved away from her, "Ah, ah, ah...Interesting how truth becomes altered by legend... when it's not actually the metal silver that kills Werewolves, but the family. What's the Argent Code again? "We hunt those who hunt us?" I hope you don't mind if I borrow it for a little while, since I've been hunted myself."

"Don't pretend like we have the same cause. I don't kill innocent people." Chris glared at the woman in front of him.

"That's why they call it a sacrifice. And I wish it worked another way... But think about what you're doing! You are making this town-- even this world--safer for your children." Jennifer said in frustration before she let out a chuckle and looked behind her at Melissa, "Well, most of them."

Jennifer stood to her feet and made her way back towards the stairs when Melissa called out to her, "Wait."

Jennifer looked at her but didn't say anything, allowing Melisssa to question what confused her since Jennifer brought Chris here, "Where's Charlotte?"

Jennifer smirked as if she was waiting for someone to ask about the blonde therapist, "She has other places to be at this moment."

───⊱༺༻⊰───