Demetrius

A/N: This is my all time favorite!!!

Vi sighs in her sleep as she settles closer to me. I smile to myself, tightening my arms around her smaller frame.

I can't believe she's my wife. With the way she kept pushing me away, I doubted she would ever say yes. Let alone actually go through with the wedding.

But now she's here. In my arms. Carrying our child. All those walls she built around her heart are demolished. Hopefully.

Closing my eyes, I breathe in her intoxicating scent and press a kiss to the top of her head. Mine.

I chuckle quietly. She would hate that. She's been treated like someone's property for far too long. Soon, I'll finally set her free. If I don't die first.

I keep telling Vi there's no chance of her father, the Crimson Captain, killing me, but with each battle that we lose, I'm starting to lose my confidence. Still, I won't be a coward and hide behind my men. I will be joining them whether Vi likes it or not. And she most definitely will not be coming. I can't risk that.

As if she can hear my thoughts, she lets out a little snort. It's absolutely adorable.

Slipping my hand around her, I rest it against her protruding belly. In just a few short weeks, I'll be a father of a little girl. It's crazy. I hope she looks just like her mother. 

Speaking of her mother, I nuzzle the top of Vi's head. "You're going to be a wonderful mother, my love," I whisper against her beautiful white hair. And she will. With or without me.

Squeezing my eyes closed, I sigh. I really hope I don't die. It would break Vi. I know she can handle it and anything even Brachsai could throw her way, but I hate seeing her in pain. I always will.

I will win this war. For Vi and for our daughter. Even if it's the last thing I do.