●Breakfast At The Café●

Thick air, hung around them, not anyone daring to speak. 

Taehyun closed is his eyes due to the embarrassment. 'That greeting was so fucking stiff, Kang Taehyun. Good job!' He thought as he roamed his eyes on the Yeonjun and Soobin, who collectively gave a done look to him. 

Yeonjun's face was more like disappointment and Soobin's face was more like he was done with everything. 

Beomgyu cleared his throat, feeling the awkward atmosphere around them so he decided to speak. "Where's Kai?" 

Taehyun looked towards Soobin while the latter did the same thing. Soobin motioned Taehyun to speak forward but the younger motioned Soobin to do the honors. 

Meanwhile, Yeonjun and Beomgyu furrowed their eyebrows, wondering what those two were talking about. "Uh, guys?" Yeonjun questioned, looking at the exchange. 

Soobin turned his head from Taehyun towards his boyfriend, giving him a quick smile. "Oh, nothing. Kai is back at the café. We needed someone to look after it." 

Beomgyu tilted his head. "Café?" He turned to look towards Taehyun, who avoided the eye-contact, his eyes on the ground. 

Soobin gave a silent scowl to Taehyun, figuring that the younger wouldn't answer it, he nodded to Beomgyu's question. "Yep, it's Taehyun's café. We opened it a year ago." 

'He did complete his dream.' Beomgyu thought.

Yeonjun's eyes lit up as he rushed towards Taehyun, catching him into a hug as he ruffled the shorter's hair. "I'm proud of you, Tyun!" 

Prior to the cold expression of the Kang, he immediately burst into a smile, thanking Yeonjun, who still hadn't let go of the bone-crushing hug. 

Beomgyu's heart sulked at the smile, Taehyun just gave. 'God, his smile is still so pure..' He thought. 

"Anyone hungry?" Soobin questioned. 

Beomgyu was about to deny it when his stomach grumbled. It was true. He hadn't eaten anything on the plane and was starving. 

Yeonjun laughed. "Definitely are. This idiot, didn't have any breakfast before leaving." 

Taehyun's head shot up at the sentence. He was about to nag the older before realizing that it wasn't his place anymore. He remembered how he used to nag the older, every time, he came to school without eating. 

Old habits just don't die that fast. 

"Perfect!" Soobin clapped his hands, catching the three's attention. "Let's go to the café! Kai is also there, he'd be excited to see you both!" 

Beomgyu's eyes widened as Yeonjun cheered. Oh fuck no, all he wanted to do was go to their newly-furnished home and take a good rest. As much as he wanted to meet Kai, he just had no social battery left in him now. Not after he just saw his ex-boyfriend. 

He gave a pleading look towards Yeonjun, who completely ignored him. "We would love that, wouldn't we, Beomgyu?" He smiled but it seemed more as a smirk to Beomgyu. 

Oh, that hyung knew what he was doing! 

Beomgyu awkwardly laughed as he felt all the eyes go on him, Taehyun's too. "Haha, s-sure. I would love that." 

Soobin cheered. "Thank god, that I brought my car! Let's go!"  He grabbed Yeonjun's hand as they skipped towards their car, leaving the two there. 

Fuck, it was awkward, now. 

"Let's go?" Beomgyu asked after muttering up the courage to talk. 

Taehyun nodded, seeing Beomgyu, starting to walk towards the direction that the couple left in. "Hyung?" He called out. 

Beomgyu turned around, giving the nod to speak. 

Taehyun sighed. "Don't skip meals, especially breakfast. It's bad for you." He said as he walked faster with reddening ears, passing by Beomgyu. 

Beomgyu smiled at the reminder. It gave him the memories of when Taehyun used to scold him for skipping meals. This time, he certainly didn't fail to notice the reddening ears of the black-haired. 

✿✿

Beomgyu scanned his eyes to the café as the car reached to it's destination. The café just looked so damn classy! It had a goldish-brown exterior from the outside, the door was glass with his sides painted in the shades of linen brown. From the outside, it looked like the café had two floors as Beomgyu judged from the glass windows, where he could see the guests sitting in there. The string of stairs could be seen from the tall, glass door. 

His train of thoughts were crashed by Yeonjun, nudging him. "Come on, Gyu. We reached." 

"I can see that." Beomgyu grumbled, still salty from Yeonjun's betrayal of agreeing to visit the café. 

As Taehyun pushed the glass door open, they could immediately hear that dolphin scream. Beomgyu shut his eyes. Oh how, he had missed that scream (sarcasm intended).

Yeonjun rushed towards the maknae, capturing him into a hug as everyone saw the heartful, interaction. 

"Noticed something, hyung?" Taehyun smirked as he wore the café's pale brown apron. 

Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows before it hit him. Kai did not just grew taller than him! 

"Punk! How did you grow taller than me?" Yeonjun questioned, in disbelief. 

Kai shrugged, laughing as he walked towards Beomgyu, capturing him into a hug, as well. 

"Woah," Beomgyu said, astonished. "I completely disappeared when I hugged him." He said, making the others laugh. 

Oh, how he missed those interactions..

✿✿