𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪 Ch 16 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

They had searched everywhere in the college for Jaehan, but they couldn't find him. His phone was off, and the group was getting increasingly worried.

Taedong nervously asked,
"Why is Jaehan's phone not working? Do you think something happened to him?"

Junghoon stepped forward and said to Xen, Jehyun, Hyuk and Kevin,
"You guys look around in the college again.."
"We'll go and check in his dorm. And Yechan, you're coming with us."

Yechan nodded, but he had a bad feeling about this. He wanted to see Jaehan quickly, but he was nowhere to be found. He hoped Jaehan would at least be in the dorm.

Junghoon, Hangyeom, Taedong, Hwichan, and Yechan rushed to Jaehan's dorm. Yechan felt Taedong glaring at him, but he didn't look his way.

When they arrived, they first checked if the door was unlocked, but it was locked. Junghoon started banging on the door and calling Jaehan's name, but the dorm was eerily quiet.

"He's not here?"
Taedong said, his voice full of worry.

"Where did he go?"
Hangyeom asked, his expression solemn.

"He doesn't have anywhere to go.."
Taedong said.

"Let's try one more time."
Junghoon banged on the door again, but still there was no answer.

Yechan was silent.

Hwichan asked sadly,
"I think there's no one here... what should we do now?"

Hangyeom suggested,
"I'll ask the others if they found him in the college."
He called Xen, and Xen reported back that the others had also looked around the college, but there had been no sign of Jaehan.

Yechan felt a wave of guilt wash over him. If something had happened to Jaehan, he would never forgive himself.

★・・・・・・★

Yechan had been avoiding his friends since Jaehan had disappeared, unable to face the blame he knew he deserved. 

They had gone to Jaehan's dorm every day after his disappearance to search for clues, but every time they were met with a locked door and no answers. 

on the third day, Yechan had ventured out alone. He went to Jaehan's dorm, his heart racing as he approached. He desperately tried the door, but it was still locked. He sat against the dorm door and closed eyes.

He remembered going out for walks, cuddling, kissing, the jokes they shared, Jaehan's cuteness, and playing in the rain, their sweet conversations.

Tears began to roll down his face as he whispered a desperate plea.
"Please come back..."

Suddenly, a noise from inside the dorm startled him. He leapt to his feet, trying the door again with newfound hope. He could swear he had heard something falling inside.

Yechan knocked on the door, and no one answered. There was a long silence and he heard a soft whimper from the other side of the door and he knew. Jaehan was there. He had to get inside, he had to reach Jaehan.

He started to bang on the door with all his might and yelled,
"Jaehan! Jaehan, please open the door! I know you're there..please Jaehan!"

He heard a soft sob and the door slowly opened.

Yechan's heart sank as he saw Jaehan, his face was pale, his eyes were red and swollen from all the crying, and his hands were shaking. Yechan's eyes trailed down and saw the bloody stains on Jaehan's cloths. He knew what it was.

Yechan's heart felt like it was being ripped in two.He had caused all this, he had believed Sebin's lies and broken Jaehan's heart. He had taken away the only person who had loved Jaehan since he had lost his parents. He had done all this to the person who had trusted him the most.

Yechan stepped inside and reached out to Jaehan. He took his hands in his and said,
"I'm so sorry, Jaehan. I'm so sorry for believing Sebin's lies. I should have trusted you."
Yechan said, tears streaming down his own face.
"It was all my fault. I'm so sorry for hurting you like this"

Jaehan looked up at him with tears in his eyes and said,
"Why did you trust him? I trusted you, why couldn't you trust me? I gave you everything and you just threw it away. It hurts Yechan. It hurts alot."

Yechan could feel his own tears mixing with Jaehan's as he said,
"I'm sorry, Jaehan. I'm so sorry. I didn't know he was lying. I should have known better. I'm sorry."

"It's okay..."
Jaehan said, his voice barely a whisper.

Yechan wanted to take Jaehan in his arms and never let him go, but he was too scared.

"Jyani, I know you're hurting right now.." Yechan said, his voice trembling.

Jyani... how much I missed hearing that..

"But please don't do this to yourself. I'm here for you. I promise I won't leave you again, no matter what."

Jaehan looked at Yechan, his eyes brimming with tears. He dropped the blade and stepped into Yechan's arms. Yechan held him tightly, his heart aching for the pain Jaehan was going through.

How much I missed you in my arms.....

 Jaehan had cried out,
"Please don't tell me this is a dream.."

Yechan pulled Jaehan close and answered firmly,
"No it's not a dream, I'm with you."

Jaehan looked up into Yechan's eyes, their faces mere inches apart, as he pleaded,
"Please don't ever leave me again.."

Yechan blinked back the tears that had begun to form, cupping Jaehan's face tenderly as he whispered,
"I'll never leave you, my love."

But before Yechan could say another word, Jaehan went limp in his arms.

"Jaehan! Jyani!! Wake up!!."
Yechan got panicked and shouted, his voice trembling. He frantically grabbed Jaehan's hand, trying to give it a reassuring squeeze.

And for a moment he thought he had seen a flicker of Jaehan's eyelids. But the moment passed, and there was no response.

Yechan could feel tears forming in his eyes. He quickly dialed for an ambulance, and as soon as it arrived he also climbed in, never letting go of Jaehan's arm.

The ambulance raced through the streets, its siren blaring. Yechan prayed with every passing minute, his heart in his throat.

"Nothing will happen to you Jyani..I'm with you."
He whispered, brushing his fingertips across Jaehan's forehead.

Finally, the ambulance reached its destination, and the paramedics wheeled Jaehan away.

Yechan followed, his heart aching, promising himself that he would never let Jaehan go again.

          .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Have a good day/night💚