𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪 Ch 17 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Yechan was sitting in the hospital waiting room, his heart heavy with guilt. He caused Jaehan so much pain and anguish and destroying the beautiful smile that Yechan had fallen in love with. When the doctor finally arrived, Yechan braced himself for the worst.

"Is he alright?"
Yechan asked, his voice trembling.

The doctor sighed.
"He has lost a considerable amount of blood, most likely from self-harm. He hasn't eaten for three days, which is why he's so weak. But with a few weeks of treatment, he should make a full recovery. He's going to be alright. We just need to make sure he gets the proper care and nutrition he needs."

He thanked the doctor and watched him leave. All the guilt he had been feeling had been confirmed. He wanted to burst into tears, but he managed to keep it together. He took out his phone and called Hangyeom, telling him what had happened and asking him to tell the others.

Yechan hung up the phone, wiping away his tears. He knew that he had failed Jaehan before, but he was determined to make it up to him now. He was going to do everything in his power to make sure Jaehan recovered fully and to make sure that his beautiful smile returned.

★・・・・・・★

Hangyeom and Junghoon were cuddling on the sofa, their faces filled with worry for Jaehan.

"Do you think we'll be able to find Jaehanie?
Junghoon asked, his voice trembling.

Hangyeom cupped Junghoon's face gently and said,
"Yeah surely we will. Don't worry my darling, okay?"

Junghoon nodded cutely and Hangyeom kissed him sweetly to give him reassurance. But it was short-lived, as Hangyeom's phone began to ring.

"It's Yechan."
Hangyeom said before he answered the call.

Junghoon watched Hangyeom's face intently as he listened to what Yechan had to say. The change was instant. Suddenly, Hangyeom's eyes widened and he shouted, "We've to go to the hospital right now! Call your friends. We've to hurry!"

Junghoon was too stunned to react as Hangyeom grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the house.

"What? Why hospital? Hyung, what's going on??"
Junghoon asked, his voice full of fear.

But Hangyeom said nothing as he rushed Junghoon to the hospital. The whole journey was filled with a tense atmosphere, with Junghoon's mind racing with all the possible scenarios of why they had to go to the hospital. He was worried and scared.

"Please don't tell me it's about Jaehanie..."

Junghoon was so furious upon hearing what Hangyeom told him - that Yechan had found Jaehan, but his condition wasn't good. All he could think of was getting to the hospital and killing Yechan for his negligence.

"I'm going to kill Shin Yechan!"
he said and stormed out of the car and marched toward the hospital.

"Hey wait!"
Hangyeom ran behind him.

Yechan was still at the waiting room, trying to hold back his tears.

Junghoon's booming voice echoed in the hallway,
“YA SHIN FUCKING YECHAN YOU'RE DEAD NOW!"

Yechan jumped at the sound of Junghoon's voice. Hangyeom was desperately trying to restrain him, but he kept pushing forward.

Junghoon grabbed Yechan by his shirt and shouted,
“You stupid bastard, are you happy now?”

“Let him go Junghoonie! This is a hospital!" Hangyeom kept pleading.

Yechan, trembling, managed to say in a low voice,
“I'm sorry."
His face contorted in agony as he broke down in tears, blaming himself for what happened.

Seeing Yechan in such a state of helplessness, Junghoon's anger slowly dissipated. He let go of Yechan and said,
“You should apologize to Jaehanie, not me.”

Hangyeom was relieved. He knew this wasn't the end of the story, but at least Junghoon had spared Yechan for now. 

★・・・・・・★

Junghoon, Hangyeom, and Yechan waited in the waiting room until Taedong and Hwichan arrived. They didn't tell Kevin, since he was with Hyuk.

When Taedong and Hwichan finally arrived, the four of them went to the hospital room where Jaehan was in. Jaehan was awake, but he looked so pale. He smiled weakly when he saw them.

Hangyeom, Junghoon, and Taedong surrounded Jaehan, talking and joking with him as they caught up. Yechan, however, stayed in the back, unable to look at Jaehan in the face. He still felt so guilty, believing he didn't deserve Jaehan.

Suddenly, Jaehan said weakly but still smiling,
"Yechanie..."

Yechan looked up, his heart pounding. Jaehan was signaling for him to come closer. Everyone else noticed and Hangyeom said,
"Let's leave..."

They all filed out of the room, Jaehan's friends gave Yechan death glares while leaving.

Yechan cautiously walked towards Jaehan and took his hand.

Jaehan looked up at Yechan.
 "I'm glad that you're here.."
He said softly.

"Jyani, I know I can't be forgiven. I did this to you. I hurt you so much. I hate myself for that."
Tears rolled down from Yechan's eyes as he finished saying those words.

Jaehan slowly raised his hand and wiped Yechan's tears away. '
"Yechanie, please don't cry.."
He said in a gentle voice.

"You don't need to forgive me for what I did. I don't deserve it. But I want you to know that I'm so sorry for everything. I wish I could take it all back, but I can't. All I can do is to promise to never hurt you again."

 "It's okay, Yechan."
Jaehan said soothingly. '
"Things happen. I know you didn't mean to hurt me and I forgive you. You're the most important person to me and I don't want to lose you."

Yechan smiled at Jaehan, feeling the warmth of his love.

"Did you forget something?"
Jaehan asked pouting cutely.

Yechan looked confused for a moment, then it hit him. He smiled and leaned in closer, their lips meeting in a sweet, tender kiss.

Aftet they pulled away Jaehan looked into Yechan's eyes and said,
"I just want you to know that I love you and I always will. Please don't leave me again."

Yechan smiled and replied,
"I love you too, Jaehan. I'll never leave you again."

Yechan leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on Jaehan's forehead. Jaehan smiled.

Jaehan and Yechan were startled when they heard the door open. They turned towards the door.

I'm sorry...did I disturb you?"

"What the hell are you doing here?"
Yechan asked, stepping forward protectively.

         .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Have a nice day/night💚