the story of us

a simple complication
miscommunications lead to fall out

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

'Apúrate nena que vamos a llegar tarde' Pedro yelled after his daughter, getting ready upstairs.(Hurry up baby girl, we're gonna be late.)

The whole family was getting ready to go to the Sainzs for dinner. Reyes, Carlos's mother extended the invitation earlier that week when Sebastian was over. Things have been weird with him and Isabella. After they almost kissed that day after the beach they haven't spoke or seen each other.

It's been a few days since then. This dinner couldn't have came at a worst time honestly.

'Estoy lista, vamos.' Isabella said running down the stairs. ( I'm ready, let's go.)

'Finally.' Her father said throwing his hands in the air. 'You look gorgeous Ella.' Liliana admired her daughter. Isabella put her shoes on and checked herself in the mirror one more time. 'Your hair looks amazing, Vamos! ' Pedro dragged her out the door.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

izzyacosta | now

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

'Hola, Hola !'  Reyes said opening the door. 'Come on in.' Isabella's parents said hello to Reyes and went on to Carlos's father  who was waiting for them at the living room. 'Isabella look at you, you look amazing honey.' Reyes said hugging her. 'Thank you.' she said with a smile and they walked to the rest together.

'Isabella, hello. How are you?' Carlos's father said to her taking her in a hug. 'I'm good.' Carlos was standing behind his father waiting for his turn to greed Isabella. Once they locked eyes they both felt the awkwardness. They hugged regardless and Carlos placed a quick kiss on Isabella's cheek.

'Where is Sebastian?' Carlos's father asked. 'Oh he's on his way. Must be here soon.' Pedro said to which Carlos commented 'He finally went home?' he was referring to the joke Isabella made a few nights ago. 'Yeah.' Isabella said blankly.

Carlos had to fix things.

'Well shall we have a drink while we wait? I'd be rude of us to start without him.' Reyes said. They all agreed and she brought some white wine. 'are the girls here?' Isabella asked as Carlos sr. gave her her glass. 'Blanca is away on holiday with friends. Ana is upstairs getting ready, i honestly don't know what takes so long.' he responded to her question and Pedro jumped in agreeing with his friend. 'Tell me about it. I had to drag her out of the house or we'd still be there waiting for Ella to finish checking herself in the mirror.'