Secrets

Everyone has a secret
Oh, can they keep it?

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

It all started about a week after Carlos left. Isabella was starting to fall into a bad place. She was currently lying in her bed, tucked away under her comforter. 'Izzy I'm not letting you rot in bed anymore.' Luna came in hot, pulling it off of her.

'Luna, what the fuck?' she protested pulling the comforter back once again. 'No. You're not sitting in here anymore. Get up, get dressed. We're going out. You need sunlight.' before Isabella could whine Luna shut her up and dragged her to the bathroom.

She was right. Isabella was rotting in there. The only contact with the outside world she had the past week laid in the distance between her house and her collage. She didn't expect Carlos's absence to affect her this much. It wasn't all thanks to that actually. Because of him, Isabella had the privilege of experiencing things most won't all their life. She saw new places, met amazing new people and overall fell into a new normal while making dreams for the future. She didn't want to go back to Madrid.

Maybe her attitude coming back made her look ungrateful but she wasn't. Isabella acknowledged that she was more than fortunate and felt extremely grateful to her parents for what they sacrificed in sake of both of their children, unbelievable thankful for every opportunity they made possible for them. Without their support, her- and Sebastian- would surely not be in the position they were today.

Having said that however, Isabella couldn't help but feel like she was taking a step backwards coming home. Reality hit her across the face and the life she imagined for herself felt a million years away, probably because it still was. Back in the real world, she was still in school, still living in her hometown, with her parents, having no job and no plan on leaving any time soon. Just stuck in time, trapped. The walls started to close in fast and she was suffocating.

The problem was that she wasn't doing anything to change her situation and started to settle in her gloominess, only getting sucked in even more day by day.

"Snap out of it Isabella."  she said in the mirror. Since Luna already pulled her out of bed she was going to make the most out of it. It was time to take action and escape the grey cloud that was currently her life.

lunachavez | 10min

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

'Bellybutton? Seriously?' she turned to Luna sitting in the drivers sit. 'What? I felt like it.' they were parked in the parking lot of their local grocery store having mars chocolate and skittles to "help the Burger King burgers digest easier." Isabella was a big believer that every meal should be followed by some sort of desert.

'Lu, the last time you called me Bellybutton was freshmen year.' after that she decided that Isabella was too old to be called that and opted for Izzy instead. 'I think it should make a comeback. It actually really cute.'