the last time

Is this the last time that I lay my eyes upon you?
     Is this the last time that I ever watch you leave?

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

That day went very differently for Isabella.

Isabela and Carlos had a ritual. They run early in the morning and once they had some miles in, they went to La Bicicleta. Carlos said that if he had to suffer by working out everyday, she had to suffer with him to keep him company, like a good friend would do. Today was no different.

'Today is my last full day here. I fly to the Netherlands tomorrow.' he said.  'Finally. I don't know how long i can pretend to be your friend for.' she joked. He didn't find it funny. 'Ha ha. We both know you're going to miss me once i leave.' he said looking in her eyes with a smirk. 'I think you mean you're going to miss me.' she said in the same way. 'I will.'

Isabella didn't say anything to that. They've agreed to stay friends. So, she changed the subject. 'My bother told me to let you know that we are going out tonight. In his own words, it would be unacceptable to let you leave without a proper goodbye.'

Carlos understood what she did so he went along. 'If it's anything like he's proper welcome, we are in for a lot of trouble.'  she nodded in agreement. 'Just the three of us?'

'No Luna is coming too.'

'All the gang together, i see.' he joked and Isabella agreed. 'We have to go now. I need to start getting ready. I'm already behind.' she said as she jump off her chair. Isabella wasn't the tallest, so her feet rarely reached the ground when sitting on these types of chairs.

'It's seven thirty in the morning.' he said confused to the girl standing in front of him, with her coffee in her hand. 'Your point?' she asked back. He laughed and got up and they walked away together.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Luna came over around nine. They made themselves a pitcher of Paloma and after a quick gossip session, they started getting ready. 'Tell me honestly, are you okay? I mean with Carlos leaving.' Luna asked Isabella who was sitting in front of her vanity doing her hair. Luna was behind her sitting on the bedroom floor, occupying the large mirror by doing her makeup.

'I'm certainly bumped. These past two weeks, give or take, have been really nice having him around but it's time to get back to reality now. The fantasy lasted to long.' she said half joking, half not. 'When you say reality? Adam?' Luna asked looking at her. 'Yes, him too. I've been a  terrible girlfriend ever since Carlos came. I  almost cheated on him Lu.' She was still feeling really guilty about that.

'Don't even get me started on that because we still haven't talked about it.' she commented. 'And we're not going to. Me and Carlos talked and we've agreed on leaving it behind us.' she answered before Luna had the chance to add anything. 'Adam deserves better than that.' she continued. Luna didn't say anything more. Neither did Isabella.

A bit later her phone rang. It was Adam. 'Speaking of, helloo!' she said before pressing answer.

'Hey honey, i didn't wake you, did i?' he sounded a bit weird, like he was out of breath 'No, no you didn't.'

'What are you doing? I hear a lot of commotion over there.' Isabella had the phone next to a speaker so the music was probably coming through to the other side of the line.

'Hey no, wear the other top, it's nicer.'  Her attention was captured by Luna who had now started getting dressed. 'Baby?' Adam won her back. 'Sorry Luna is here, we're getting ready to go to the club.' she said apologetically.

'Oh, any special occasion?' it sounded like he had calmed down a bit now. 'It's Carlos's last night here. We're going out as a goodbye.' she didn't like talking about him with Adam. She wasn't an idiot. It was clear that Adam was jealous. 'are you there?' she asked him since he wasn't responding. ' yeah sorry. Have fun.'

'Don't worry Adam i'll look after her tonight.' Luna could feel the tension. So she tried to help. 'we both know i'm going to be the one to look after you.' she mouthed thank you to her friend who was only smiling back. 'I was about to say.' Adam joked.

'Whatever.' Luna responded to him and put on the top Isabella suggested. 'Ignore her. What did you do today? So far at least.' time difference. 'I finally had coffee with Mike, he's been asking to link up for a while now and it finally worked out. I think we're getting together later too but i'm not so sure because -' Adam was cut off.

  'What the hell is taking you so long?' Carlos said as he walked inside Isabella's room. 'We're ready. Just help me with my heals.' she told him smiling. 'sí, señora !' Carlos joked and picked up the heals that were thrown at the corner of the room. 'And take some pictures of us while you're at it.' Luna added which made Carlos laugh.

'Hey, i have to go but we will talk tomorrow.' Isabella remembered that Adam  was on call, hearing everything that was happening. 'Okay baby, bye have fun. I love you.' she just hung up quickly. Not the best move but she let out a big breath of relief.

Just one more night and everything would go back to normal.

'Is Seb here?' She asked looking down at Carlos as he was tying her heals. 'He's talking with your parents downstairs and he's a bit cranky today so please hurry up.' Carlos and Sebastian spent the whole day together back at Seb's apartment.

He stood back up, helping Isabella stand up as well  and took a look at the two girls  'Wow. Gorgeous, both of you.' he complimented them. 'Not bad yourself.' Luna said and he pretended to get flustered.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

liked by anasainzvdec and  214 others

izzyacosta | thank you mαmά for making me have pretty girl privilege💖

view all 11 comments

lunachavez | okay, HELLO ?!
izzyacosta | hey

sebastianacosta | ew when did you grow up?
izzyacosta | idk bro. I woke up like this. I'm scared

carlossainz55 | * and thank you Carlos for the patience it took to take this fucking picture.*
izzyacosta | thank you Carlito ❤️
   ↳ carlossainz55 | that damn privilege man ...

adamsanders | how are you my gf?
izzyacosta | you got lucky :)

anasainzvdec | More beautiful everyday
izzyacosta | I literally love you