ours

People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

'and Max Verstappen is the winner of the Italian grad prix with Sergio Perez finishing second behind him, giving Redbull an amazing 1-2 finish. Now it all comes down to which of the two Ferrari's is going to claim the third position on that podium.'

Isabella was at the edge of her sit, watching the screen. Carlos was able to defend his pole position for fourteen incredible rounds but unfortunately he was overtaken by the two Redbulls. Him and Charles have been fighting for third position. Carlos was able to keep him behind him but the Monegasque driver wasn't giving up, even at the last minute.

'And Charles gives it one more try to over take his teammate but Carlos defends brilliantly and crosses the line earning the third position with Leclerc one tenth of a second behind him in forth. The Ferraris gave us an amazing race today.'

Isabella cried out. He finished third. Everyone at the garage was ecstatic. She hugged his parents before Caco came pulling her away so she could go to the podium with the team. They rushed over as the cars were pulling in. Carlos got out of his car and went to them so they could celebrate. Everyone patted him on the back or hit his helmet. Isabella was a bit hidden so he didn't see her instantly.  The team moved her to the front so he could. 'You did amazing.' she whispered in his ear while giving him a quick hug.

She was sure to congratulate Charles as well. 'Be honest how big of a heart attack did i give you?' she laughed. 'A big one. But that's formula one.' Carlos laughed patting him on the back. 'We're still friends right?' Charles asked his teammate. 'I'm considering it.' the two men laughed hugging each other and Carlos went to the cooldown room to well, cooldown before going up on the podium. He made sure to always have Isabella within his view.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

'What time did you say we have to be there?' Isabella asked Carlos staring at her suitcase trying to figure out what to wear. 'The reservation is at nine. Charles and Alex can hold it till we get there if we're late but It'll be good to be on time, i don't want to make them wait.'

The two couples decided to have dinner tonight before hitting the club with some of the rest of the grid for Carlos's birthday and the podium today. Isabella had the opportunity to meet Alexandra today as they were both hanging out in the Ferrari garage all day. They got along really well, so much that Alex extended the invitation for dinner.

'Okay help me choose then. Should i wear this black bodysuit with my lacy heals or take it a step down and go with the classic jeans and sneakers combo with my lather top?' she was holding up parts of the two outfits in front of Carlos who was sitting on their bed. 'The sneakers. You can't stand being in heals more than ten minutes. I don't have the energy to carry you around when your feet give up on you.'

'Yeah but they are so cute.'

'Okay wear the bodysuit. It looks amazing on you.' Isabella seemed hesitant. 'I do like the jeans and top outfit more though.' Carlos gave up. 'Wear whatever you want. Just be ready to leave in ten minutes, tops.' he got up and walked to the bathroom leaving her still indecisive.

After a lot of consideration she went with the jeans and leather top but swapped out the sneakers for heals. She knew Carlos was right and the moment they would leave their hotel room she would regret that last minute change but she was also certain that Carlos would be carrying her, regardless of what he said.