Chapter 4 - The Rat Person and the Insomniac Hero Made a Mistake

Her eyes shot open and she sat up with a start as she was startled out of her sleep by the sound of the door to her room opening.

"Ah, you're awake. That's good. Dr. Kishida wants to talk to you." The nurse says as she uneasily watched Grim get out of the hospital bed and walk towards her.

As they walk towards Dr. Kishida's office she notices how the nurses and doctors who aren't tending to other patients are standing around and gossiping to each other as they watch Grim by the corner of their eyes. When Grim gets to her doctor's office the nurse continues to walk, she looks confused but continues to follow the nurse.

"Excuse me...we passed his office," Grim says confused.

"Dr. Kishida wants to talk to you with a few other people involved." The nurse says as she continues to walk.

"Okay...?" The brunette continues to follow the nurse till they get to a door that had a sign that read 'board room 1'.

The nurse stopped in front of the door and opened it, "The doctor is in here, please go inside."

Grim nodded, "Thank you,"

She walked inside the room, it was big with a large, round table with 3 people sitting at the other end of it. The nurse shut the door once Grim was inside and the attention was immediately focused on her.

"Ah, Grim is it? So nice of you to join us. Please, take a seat." The rat looking person says politely, there was no hint of uneasiness in the way he talked.

She looks at the 3 suspiciously as she cautiously takes a seat directly across from the rat person, "What is this about?" She looks directly at Dr. Kishida when she asks the question.

"Well, when we had talked a few days ago-"

"It was a week ago." Grim interrupts, she crosses her arms and puts a foot up on her seat.

"Okay, when we talked a week ago I remembered something that Nezu had talked about." The doctor motions towards the rat person next to him, "And with how well our conversation went, I thought we could talk about the idea of you going to U.A."

"What." Grim's foot slid back onto the floor and she uncrossed her arms, she looked at them in pure shock and confusion.

The doctor continues, "It's been suggested to place you at U.A. This may sound surprising but Nezu actually suggested it. He came up with a proposal called 'villain rehab'."

The rat person nods, "Yes yes. I think it would be beneficial for young villains to have a chance to turn their life around, and after all that Dr. Kishida has told me about you, you seem to be the perfect candidate for this trial!"

"You were talking about how you wanted to be a hero before...the incident. This is your chance to start over Grim. I know you're smart enough to take this once in a lifetime opportunity." Dr. Kishida adds, seeming sincere in his words.

Grim just sits there, not sure what to say or do. "I-...What?"

"I know this must be a lot to take in at once, and it all must be very shocking to you, take all the time you need to come to your answer."

"Actually, it'd be better if you gave us an answer as soon as possible so we have time to prepare for having you attend." Eraserhead says.

Grim blinks a couple of times, trying to make sense of everything, "J-just-" she pauses, "Uh, sure?"

"Great! We'll start preparing for your attendance! In a few days we'll take an assessment of your physical strength to see where you should be placed. Thank you for your decision Ms. Grim! I'm delighted that you'll be joining U.A. this school year!" Nezu says excitedly, as he hops off the chair and Eraserhead stands up.

Once the two leave the room, it's just Grim and Dr. Kishida. The perplexed brunette turns and looks at the doctor, "What the hell just happened?"

"You just agreed to become a hero."

"Huh." She leans back in her chair, "I did."

————————————————————————

Sooo? Looks like Grim either made the best decision in her life, or the worst. Only time will tell! Thanks for reading this far! I really appreciate it! -Jag