Chapter 6 - Flashback 2

"Hey, I'm gonna need you to close your eyes and cover your ears for a bit okay?" Her brother said, kneeling in front of her to block her view of the man behind him.

"Why?" She tries to peek behind her brother but he grabs her shoulders to get her attention.

"Because I'm about to do things that I don't want you to see. So do as I say." His golden colored eyes stared into her golden brown eyes.

"But why? You're gonna kill him, right? Why?"

He sighs and lowers his head, his hands still on his nine year old sister's shoulders, he looks back up at her, "Y'know, you're too smart sometimes. What are they teaching you at that school?" He looks behind him, the man behind him looks pissed and ready to attack him at any moment, "Because he's done a lot of bad things and if I don't we won't be safe."

"Okay," she nods

"So will you do what I say now?"

"Yeah,"

"Good, great. So just- yeah you know what I'm asking." He takes his hands off of his sister's shoulders, her long, dark brown hair moving as he did so.

As he turned around she covered her ears and shut her eyes tightly. Around five minutes later she heard a blood curdling scream, she squeezed her eyes shut even tighter and tried to cover her ears more as it abruptly stopped and she was surrounded by silence yet again. Or at least as much silence as she could get with ghosts watching the scene unfold behind her, horrified by what they had just witnessed.

Once he had finished his job he put his clean jacket on to cover the blood on his shirt, and he had just cleaned it too. He walked over to his sister who was still sitting and still had her eyes closed and ears covered, he took his stained gloves off and stuffed them in his pant pocket before gently putting a hand on her shoulder, "Hey, Yuu, it's over." He said gently as he kneeled down

She opened her eyes slowly and looked at her brother before lowering her hands from her ears. She looked at him, his mask covering his mouth and nose with splashes of blood on it, she looked down at he shoes he had just bought, they were completely covered in dirt and blood.

"You just bought those." She points to his shoes annoyedly

"Yeah, I know. We can clean them though, I'm sure." He chuckles at how his sister chose to focus on the smallest details instead of what was behind him, "C'mon, let's get some food. We didn't get to have dinner yet and I'm pretty sure there's a diner a block or two from here." He says as he helps his sister up from the ground before putting a hand on her shoulder again.

"What about your clothes? They're covered in filth." She points out as she picks up her school bag.

"Eh, that's why I bring extra clothes." He says as he starts to walk in the direction of the diner with his little sister in tow.

Heyyyy, so for important chapters or because we just feel like it, there are going to be drawings

I drew this one, not as good as Kat's drawings but eh.
         -Jag