Chapter 12 - Woah Wings?!

"Ow," She winced as she got up shakily.

She stumbled forward as she tried to regain her balance, "son of a-," she looked to both of her sides, the wings were back, and unfortunately, it seemed like they weren't going anywhere any time soon.

She looked up to see the pissy blond frozen in shock.

"Perfect" she thought, "Should be easy enough"

She tried to take a step forward but the useless wings dragged her back with their weight.

"damnit." Her hands formed into fists. How the hell does she control these things again?

"Oh dear, stop the match please." She turned her head to the talking rat.

"What? No! I can win this. I just need to remember how to work these things." Her tone came out harsher than she expected.

The blond scoffs, "Like hell you can, I was about to beat the shit outta you."

"Excuse me?" Her head snapped to look at him, "The only reason this wasn't over faster is because these fucking pieces of shit decided to show up!"

"The hell weren't they there to begin with then?"

"Because they-,"

"ENOUGH."

Both teenagers looked over at Aizawa, not realizing how close they had gotten to each other's faces. Grim took a step back, or tried to anyway, before managing to trip over her wings that suddenly decided that they wanted to start flapping.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit SHIT." She tries to focus and get them to stop, which they do, after moving her halfway across the arena, of course.

She groans, "I fucking hate these things.." she mumbles as they tuck in behind her before walking back over to where she had been standing.

"Ms. Kurosawa would you mind stepping out of the arena please?" The rat was calm, how was the rat calm?!

She nods and eyes the blond as she walks off.

"Tch." The blond rolls his eyes and crosses his arms before exiting the arena as well from the other side.

Dr. Kishida was at her side almost instantly as she stepped out, he looked like he was about to burst with questions.

"Choose one, doc."

"Your quirk.." He began.

"Yeah,"

"I've never seen anything like it,"

"Yeah you have. Believe me, you have." Her tone was short.

It struck the doctor as odd, how she had a blatant dislike for her quirk.

"Am I done or can I go back and beat that asshole?"

"Language." Grim rolled her eyes, "And I think it's best if you were to be done for today."

Grim stared at him in disbelief, "Are you kidding me right now? I can win, I know I can!"

"While that may be true, we need to get those wings of yours checked, just to make sure you aren't injured."

She scoffs, "I'm fine."

"The blood on your wings say otherwise." She didn't even realize that Vlad King had walked up.

"Seriously, I'm fine. This isn't bad, it just hurts cause these fuckers are a pain in the ass and heavy as hell."

"Language." Dr. Kishida warned her, Grim shot him a look but the doctor didn't budge.

She crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, sighing irritably, "I'm fine. This isn't bad." She repeats, glancing over at the spiky haired blond who was messing with the gauntlets on his hands.

"Looks heavy, wonder if it's difficult to turn quickly with them on,"

"Grim! Are you even listening to us anymore?"

Dr. Kishida's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, she turned to look at him, "huh?"

The doctor pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs, "I was saying that we should get back to the hospital so we can run a few tests on your wings,"

Her wings twitched at that, "No," she involuntarily took a step back, there was a hint of panic in her voice, although she was unsure as to why, nothing had happened in her past that would render her afraid of tests.

Dr. Kishida looks at her in a confused manner, noticing her behavior, "No?"

She shakes her head, "Just no."

Unbeknownst to Grim, the faculty were glancing at each other, none of them having an answer to her odd response.

"Ok..then no tests..we'll just examine them, for any abnormalities. Does that sound agreeable?"

Grim's shoulders lowered and her expression eased slightly, "Okay,"