Chapter 9 - Nerves, Gotta Love 'em

She was standing in Dr. Kishida's office in the U.A gym uniform, it fit her actually quite well, and her hair was barely long enough to fit in a decent ponytail so she decided to just leave it down. She was waiting for Dr. Kishida to notice her standing there, so far she'd been there for about 2 minutes.

"Ah, there you are Grim. Please, take a seat." Dr. Kishida gestures to the chairs in front of his desk after turning his chair around and hanging up the phone.

Grim does exactly that, she sits in the left chair yet again and pulls her feet up in the chair, her knees leaning on the arm rest.

"I've just been notified by Nezu the kind of assessments they will have you do there." He says as he pulls a thin stack of paper onto his desk, "The most concerning part of the assessments is the sparring. You will be fighting one of class 1-A's top students, I believe his name is..." Dr. Kishida flips through the paper to find what he's looking for, "Katsuki Bakugo. He's the same age as you and he finished top of the entrance exams."

"Huh, must not want me if they're pairing me up against their strongest. That or they want to see how well I can do." She thought to herself as she played with her hair.

"I don't understand why they're pinning you up against their strongest first year student, but my best guess is that they don't want to underestimate you. You did evade their capture for four years."

"Yeah."

"On other matters not pertaining to this, what did you and Ms. Ueda talk about?"

"Just some stuff, nothing life changing. Found common ground with her. Her quirk is cool."

"Yes, I'm aware of her quirk," Dr. Kishida says sighing, his clothes were just starting to dry and were now cool and damp.

Grim giggles as she remembers the events that took place earlier that day. She looks over at the digital clock, which read '11:25'. She had another hour or so left until she was supposed to be at the high school.

"Are you hungry yet? Since your assessment is during lunch time we can either feed you before or after, but it's preferred if you eat before."

She shrugs, "Not really,"

He nods, "That's fine. Just tell me or one of the nurses when you are." There's silence for a few minutes before Dr. Kishida speaks again, "There is one more thing I'd like to discuss."

"Hm?"

"U.A has decided-" He begins, but is cut off by a nurse frantically opening the door and practically yelling at the doctor to come with her, there was an emergency. Dr. Kishida looks at Grim before looking back to the nurse, "Take her back to her room. I'll deal with it." He stands up and quickly rushes out the door, leaving Grim sitting alone in the office.

"Please come with me." The nurse says.

Grim complies and she's walked back to her room as she tries to figure out what the doctor was about to tell her.

—————————————————————————

"Alright Grim, you ready?" Dr. Kishida says as he walks into the girl's room around 40 minutes later.

The clock read '12:05' now, 25 more minutes until she needed to be at the high school.

She turns around to face the doctor and nods, feeling a weird uneasy feeling in her stomach. They walk through the hospital, Dr. Kishida in his doctor's coat and Grim in the U.A. gym uniform.

As they walk out the psychiatric ward though, Grim spots the same heterochromatic boy from the other day walking into the 'adult' psychiatric ward, he sees her staring and just looks at her. If Grim wasn't so used to seeing glares of hatred and just regular glares, she would've thought he was glaring at her, but he wasn't. In fact, he seemed a little curious. They just look at the other until they pass by each other.

"Alright, so let's go over the assessment. You'll arrive and be formally introduced to Nezu, Aizawa, and whoever else is there. Then, they'll test your agility, strength, endurance, and other things. Next I believe is when Bakugo and you are introduced before you both fight each other. If anything goes wrong I'll be there, along with some others."

Grim nods as she walks, "Okay,"

"Are you sure you aren't hungry? This is your last chance to before we leave for U.A."

"I'm sure, I'm not hungry. Maybe afterwards."

Dr. Kishida nods as he opens the car door for Grim, "Is there anything I've missed..." He says to himself as he closes the car door when Grim slides in and opens the passenger seat door and sits down.

Moments later the car begins to move and Grim grips the sides of the seat, her eyes widen before shutting them closed tightly.

Dr. Kishida turns around in his seat to look at Grim, "Grim are you alright?" She shakes her head before putting a hand over her mouth like she was about to puke, Dr. Kishida's eyes widen, "Stop the car,"

The driver did exactly what he was told and pulled off to the side of the road, Grim immediately flung the car door open and ran to a dumpster in an alleyway that was directly across from the car, took her mask off, and vomited. Dr. Kishida opened his car door and walks over to her with a water bottle and a washcloth.

Her eyes were full of tears as she choked up the last of the vomit before wiping her eyes and mouth and straightens herself out. She takes the bottle of water and says a quiet 'thank you' before taking a sip of it.

"Are you alright?" Dr. Kishida asked, worry written all over his face.

She nods, "I just haven't been in a moving vehicle in a long time." She takes an another mouthful of water, swishes it around in her mouth, and then spits it into the dumpster.

The doctor couldn't help but notice a large scar on Grim's face that stretched from her left ear all the way down to just underneath her mouth, it looked like it had been there a while. It made him curious, but knew from past patients that scars were a touchy subject so he kept quiet and handed the mask back to her.

"When you're ready we can continue to move towards U.A."

She nods, Dr. Kishida turns back to the car and renters the passenger seat before closing the car door behind him.

It took her a couple more minutes to get the disgusting taste of vomit out of her mouth before walking back to the car, taking a seat in the back, and closing the door.