Part - 1

Author's pov

Taehyung was an 18-year-old boy who lived with his appa and stepmother.

His appa had gotten remarried after Taehyung's mother passed away due to a disease.

Taehyung's appa had loved his momma very much and had tried his best to save her, but unfortunately, she succumbed to the illness. As a young child, Taehyung was unable to do anything to save his momma and had been just 10 years old when she passed away.

After Taehyung's momma passed away, Taehyung's appa, Mr. Kim, devoted himself to taking care of his son. He chose not to remarry, as Taehyung was young and he worried that a stepmother might mistreat his son.

Taehyung was particularly vulnerable at that age, and even small things could potentially lead to depression.

Mr. Kim understood that no matter what, a stepmother could never replace Taehyung's real mom.

Taehyung experienced deep sadness and depression when his momma passed away, but his appa stood by his side, ensuring that he never lacked love and support.

Mr. Kim raised Taehyung with utmost love and care, and he enrolled his son in school where Taehyung found his best friend, Jimin.

Jimin and Taehyung shared a deep bond, loving each other like soulmates.

When Taehyung completed his schooling, Mr. Kim made the decision to send him to university.

Jimin also attended the same university as Taehyung.

As Taehyung started his university journey, Mr. Kim brought up the topic of getting married again.

Initially, Taehyung was hesitant about the idea, but he began to realize that everyone needs companionship in life.

Recognizing that no one can live alone without support, especially in a partnership, Taehyung decided to give his appa's second marriage a chance.

By this time, Taehyung had grown up and understood the importance of having someone to share happiness and sorrows with.

Mr. Kim got married to Jeon Marina, who had a son of the same age as Taehyung, though slightly older.

Marina shared that her previous husband had been abusive and struggled with alcoholism, which ultimately led her to leave him.

Despite not contacting her ex-husband, Marina heard that he had remarried.

Marina was a kind-hearted and caring person who treated Taehyung with love and care, treating him like her own son.

She was compassionate and genuinely cared for Taehyung's well-being.

She and Taehyung's father were married for 7 months.

Marina's son didn't attend their wedding because he was still in America at the time.

However, he was scheduled to arrive today.

***

Taehyung was having lunch with his best friend Jimin in the university cafeteria.

"Your stepbrother is coming today, right?" Jimin asked Taehyung, who was seated across from him.

"Yeah, I'm really excited because I'll finally get to meet my brother." Taehyung replied with excitement.

He was thrilled because he had been longing for a brother since his childhood. Not having any siblings made him feel left out when he saw others with their happy siblings.