Part - 2

Time skipped

After finishing his bath, Jungkook exited the bathroom, still in the process of adjusting his attire and hair.

He stood in front of a mirror, focused on his appearance when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," he called out without turning his gaze away from the mirror.

As the door opened, Jungkook looked up to see his younger stepbrother standing there.

"Uhm... appa is calling you downstairs," taehyung informed him timidly.

"Okay, I'll come," Jungkook replied, watching as Taehyung muttered "okie" under his breath and left the room.

After a few moments, Jungkook made his way downstairs.

Jungkook noticed his stepfather, Mr. Kim, standing in front of the couch, engaged in a phone conversation.

Curiosity piqued, he silently approached, scanning the living room to locate Taehyung.

However, before he could spot him, Mr. Kim suddenly turned his attention towards Jungkook.

"Oh, you're ready?!" Mr. Kim exclaimed, catching Jungkook off guard.

Quickly regaining his composure, Jungkook met Mr. Kim's gaze and nodded.

"Yes, Mr. Kim," he replied, taking a step closer to his stepfather.

"Okay.... Then let's go," Mr. Kim stated, ready to leave.

Jungkook hesitated for a moment before asking, "Wait... um, where is my mom?" Mr. Kim paused, considering his response.

"She may have gone to buy groceries," he eventually replied. Jungkook nodded in understanding as they both exited the house.

___

Arriving at Mr. Kim's corporation, Jungkook assisted his stepfather with his work.

As they interacted with the other employees, some of them inquired about Jungkook's identity.

Mr. Kim beamed with pride, answering confidently that Jungkook was his son.

However, Jungkook consistently referred to Mr. Kim as "Mr. Kim" instead of "appa" in front of everyone, causing a hint of embarrassment to flash across Mr. Kim's face.

***

Time skipped

After their day at the corporation, Jungkook and Mr. Kim returned home.

Jungkook made his way upstairs to his room while Mr. Kim headed to the kitchen. There, he found Marina and his beloved son, Taehyung, cooking together.

He greeted them with a gentle smile.

"Hello, my sweetie," Mr. Kim said softly, and Taehyung quickly ran towards him, gleefully wrapping his arms around his father.

"Appa, I missed you," Taehyung pouted. Mr. Kim affectionately hugged him back.

"Appa missed his angel too," he replied, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's forehead.

Marina, who had been watching the heartwarming scene unfold, joined in with a sweet smile.

"Appa, you must be tired. Go and freshen up. Me and Momma will prepare dinner," Taehyung suggested, breaking the hug.

***

As it was now dinner time, Mr. Kim, Marina, and Taehyung gathered in the kitchen.

Marina began serving the food, engaging in conversation with Mr. Kim as they worked together.