𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦- 𝘛𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘱

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❦ ◦•≫────≪•❈

|  |   𝟎    |  |

The sea breeze never feels more refreshing and the sunset never looked more beautiful. The town's light flickers on and the lamplight above me gives me a clear view of my reflection in the water below.

A buzz comes in from my phone but just like the others before, I ignored it. I wanted to take this moment in before I return home tonight. I wanted my last day in this cozy town in Norway to be one of the many best memories I have of this summer before I go back home into complete chaos.

When did my life become like this, when did everything go to utter shit? I can still remember my childhood and how exciting the world seems to me but now everything has become so draining. My life as Russia's top CEO in the architectural industry should have been different than... This.

No one said it would be this hard to find peace. No one said that I had to give up my happiness just to have a small dosage of it. 

"Petra," the sound of Sofia's voice brought me back from whatever black abyss I was trapped in, "We should get back and get ready," she suggested, her voice unrecognizable from being careful to not irritate me. Ever since we got here she has been walking around eggshells because of me.

"Just... just five more minutes please."

There was an uncomfortable long pause.

"Of course." She says.

I look into the distance as the sunset seems still beyond the horizon, just still enough for me to take in the breathtaking sight. I pull my phone from my pocket and unlock it, desperately staring at the screen wallpaper.

A wide smile and breathtakingly beautiful dark brown eyes stare back at me, much like the sight of the sunset. Pale rosy cheeks and the smallest and cutest button nose scrunch up with her awkward smile and I just can't help the tears that fell from my dark orbs. 

My daughter is the only person in this world that I am enduring this life for. It's worth it and even though I may hate it myself, I'll do it all over again just for her.

I sniffle just a bit before putting my phone back into my coat and wiping the tears from my eyes. 

You can do this Petra. Remember, you're doing it for Ericka. Not for yourself or the company but for Ericka.

I look at the sunset yet again, before turning away and walking off the pier into the darkness that houses the unknown.

To Be Continued...