𝘛𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘱

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❦ ◦•≫────≪•❈

|  |   𝟒   |  |

Nothing in the world could prepare me for the life I'm walking into blindly. I know I'm fast asleep, but like a cancerous disease spreading in my body, not welcomed by my immune system, I can feel something off with my surroundings. 

It's not an impending nightmare, no, it's far worse than that. I twist and turn in my bed, but something so deep in my gut keeps telling me...

"𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐧𝐨𝐰!"

I spring from my pillow, feeling the clamminess of sweat trailing down my body as all sense of fight or flight rises within me. The hairs on my skin stand on end with goosebumps. A sharp dreadful chilling feeling shoots up my spine as I frantically look around the dimly lit room. My breathing is more than erratic as I attempt to control my palpitating heartbeat after clearing that I'm alone in the room.

I take in a sharp breath, the action ceasing mid-inhale as I recognize the lingering scent that I've somewhat grown accustomed to. 

Oh my God. He was in my room. In my fucking room, watching me sleep. 

I drag the sheet off my body and pull myself from the bed as I find the light switch and flip it. I look around the room, spotting the dampened wooden floor of large boots at the end of my bed foot. I gasp, my hand finding my mouth before my eyes trail to my bedside table near the window, and spotting the black tulip flower.

I am fully aware of my stalker and the kind of fucked up mentality he has, but what would he possibly gain from just standing at the end of my bed staring at me while I sleep?

No matter how much I ask myself and God that question, I can never seem to get an answer. I don't know his motives and clearly, with all the shit I've been dealing with at the company, I'm too exhausted to think about the forthcoming danger lurking in the dark corner of my house.

About three weeks had passed and the more time moved along without anyone's consent, his moves slowly became bolder with every visit. I ought to report his ass at the police station but how can I when the fucker keeps visiting me in a goddamn mask. His face is obscured on the cameras and most times even footages are deleted on its own. 

I sigh, plopping on the bed as I stretch for the black tulip, holding the stem firmly within my grasp. I bring the tulip to my nose once again for the second time since I've been receiving them, smelling the spicy scent of the unknown man. A scent so different from what I've smelled before. 

I trace my fingertips over each petal, and the more I do the more my thoughts race around in my head. 

Maybe if you acted normally and spoke with me like a normal person, I'd give you a chance, but you've taken the route of a madman and stalked me to no end every day and every night like a fucking shadow. Like it's a personal goal and I'm the achievement.

"You're starting to fucking piss me off," I say aloud crumpling the petals in my fist before throwing it in the small meshed trash can next to the table.

I stand from my bed, making my way back to the light switch flicking it off, and slipping back under the sheets. 

Not long after I fell into another deep sleep but this time I didn't wake up by his detrimental presence.

❈❈❈

"Are you kidding me?" Sofia shrieks as I wince from the maddening headache I've been having since this morning, "Again? Petra you have to go to the police, this is getting out of hand."