𝘛𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘱

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❦ ◦•≫────≪•❈

|  |   𝟏𝟏   |  |

Packing my suitcase, I sigh in the still air around me when I feel my shoulders relaxing. Finally, I can leave this place. I've been here for a total of one and a half days and it almost felt like one and a half years slowly crept by. 

I slide the suitcase onto its wheels before pulling it behind me and walking out of the room. The scent of antiseptic and disinfectant has become something that I loathe when the smell almost makes me feel sick to my stomach. 

Pulling up to the front desk, I look at the brunette chewing a gun in the most obnoxious way possible. Her red lips smacked loudly as she made quick work of her fingers, none the wiser of my presence.

I cleared my throat in hopes of attaining her attention but that approach failed miserably. A soft sigh leaves my lips when I knock on the counter separating me from her before saying as vocal as possible, "Excuse me."

Her eyes shoot up to meet mine, a mix of brown and green prominent when she narrows them at me. Well shit, forgive me for wanting you to do what the fuck you're paid for. "The doctor says I'm allowed to be discharged," I say dryly, handing her the paper the doctor signed off for me to leave. 

She yanks it from my hand and I suddenly have the urge to smack the bitch senseless but refrain. 

Restraint Petra. Don't stress—deep calm breaths.

I smile in return for her hostility waiting for her to remove the hospital wristband on my left hand. She grabs a pair of scissors, making eye contact with me ever so sinisterly causing my heart to skip a beat—or two before she snips off the tag. 

"That's it, you're free to go," she says with a plastic smile as fake as the ass on most of Russia's women. She places my medication on the counter with the prescription before I grab them and tuck them in my handbag. 

I roll my eyes, shaking my head before turning on my heels and running dead on into a wall, or a person. I look up, meeting the cold gaze of Demyan Yurtaev; Dominik's younger brother; as a cheap yet cynical smile graces his lips. 

I glance at the flowers in his hands as I turn to walk away from him but he eagerly blocks my path with his free hand. "What?" my voice echoes in the small of the reception area causing eyes to look up at me before I hear the unsubtle cleared throat of the receptionist telling me to be quiet.

I glance at her before feeling Demyan grabbing my suitcase and walking out of the hospital and into the parking lot.

I follow him, attempting to keep up with his long strides before he comes to a sudden halt. I look up at him, the corner of his eyes curling before he finally utters, "I wasn't aware that you were in the hospital Petra."

"Tell your brother that I don't have his stupid thumb drive, I'll get it to him as soon as I find it," I rush out through gritted teeth before reaching for my suitcase handle from his grip. He yanks it behind him out of my reach and I am this close to leaving it with him and just get the hell out of here.

The nerve of him. To come here and fucking gloat in my face after his brother threatened my daughter and practically send me to the hospital on a stretcher. If I didn't know better I'd think they had a hidden agenda to kill me.

Before I can reach for the handle once more, he pushes the bouquet of pink tulips in my face. I glance between the weird colors of the tulips before glaring up at him.

Something about this gesture is off-putting. I'm so used to getting the darker shade of my black tulips that I have no regard for the other ones with different colors and not to mention, the person gifting them to me isn't the person I have been thinking about since I've been in that hospital.