003. {i can't stay mad at him}

[real life, facetime]

003. {i can't stay mad at him}

olive receives a facetime call from nick while she's cooking something for herself for dinner. her mom drank some alcohol and went to sleep while her dad packed his shit and left for the night. she was practically home alone.

[facetime call between nick and olive]

"hey olive, where are you?" nick asks, olive can immediately tell he's sitting in his room, wearing a nice outfit, but alone.

"hey... i'm at home... still," she says while watching the boiling pot of pasta while grinning a little.

"you should come over! why didn't you come with your brother?" he asks.

"i can't... i can't see matt," she sighs.

"too bad, matt saw you drop off your brother," he laughs.

"tell him that i can't get drunk because my mom already is and i have to get my brother later," she says.

"oh... what?" nick asks. "sorry the audio is terrible with chris' shitty music in the back," he says.

"nothing... my mom is... asleep and my stepdad left," olive says, forcing a grin as she's still watching the pot.

"you look really good! did you meet any new guys yet tonight?" olive asks excitedly while stirring the pot of pasta. nick smiles wide and replies.

"actuallyyyy there was one guy who was really cool and i got his number," he smiles.

"ooooohhh" olive says, trailing on in a flirtatious, mocking type of way. nick laughs.

"matt can't shut up about you," he says, changing the subject.

"about how much he hates me? i'm sure," olive's smile goes away, but she's not being sarcastic this time. 

"no, about how much he misses you being around," nick says.

"doubt it," she scoffs. "you don't have to lie," she smiles again.

"i'm not!" nick laughs at her response. "whatever, believe what you want, but are you still mad at him?" he asks.

"he can ask me that himself," olive begins to say.

"he tried but he said you didn't reply," nick says. olive's eyebrows raise and mouths the word 'ohh' as she remembers she hasn't responded to a single thing since the last day of school. 

"oh shit, that's my bad... but to be honest, i was so sad after what matt did, i didn't respond to anything for four days," she says in all honesty.

"oh..." says nick, realizing how much matt's actions affect olive. "well, you should've came to the party whether you're mad at matt or not," nick says, trying to cheer up the mood. "don't be mad at him, we miss you!" he smiles.

"trust me, i can't stay mad at him," olive smiles. nick smiles too. "alright well, maybe i'll come over in a bit i just need to get changed and eat my food, but i'll let you go. have fun!!" she says.

nick smiles and they both say bye. olive shoves her pasta down her throat and changes into a better outfit. a cute, cropped tank top with mom jeans is better than sweatpants and a t-shirt any day. she adds some more makeup to her face, not knowing who all will be there, and she jumps into her car and drives to their house. 

~

nick greets olive at the door with a wide smile. chris comes up behind nick and is shocked by what he sees in front of him. he immediately gives olive a big hug and apology, while olive also apologizes for overreacting. she decides she is ready to forgive matt now that nick and she talked. her first four days of summer have sucked and it's all because she only has the triplets now, and she will be really lonely when her brother leaves the state for a college, he got a scholarship for. 

chris leads olive to go find matt. he finds matt but immediately grabs olive's shoulders and walks away with her in front of him. olive is confused why he is walking with her in front of him with such hustle. "what's going on?" olive turns around to ask chris. now that she's facing him, he places his hands on her shoulders once more. "just stay away from over there and we're good," he says, looking down into her eyes. olive's facial expression drops. "what? why?" she asks, looking over chris's shoulder attempting to see what he's pushing her away from. "it's not a big deal just don't go over there," chris says nervously, running his hand through his hair. she looks down as she relaxes her shoulders and chris lets go of her. "want a drink?" he offers. "no, i have to drive home and," she says as she points at her brother who has already had over three drinks. "i have to drive this kid home," she laughs. "who the hell is going to take care of him in college when you aren't there?" chris laughs. "no idea," olive giggles. 

💌 author's note 💌

i want olive's life to be kinda realistic yk like i don't want her to be some perfect little princess (i hope that makes sense) but yeah her mom is an alcoholic and her stepdad is a total dickkk yay love that. sorry for a short chapter but anyways make sure to follow and vote!

<3