014. {you're home early}

[real life, instagram]

014. {you're home early}

it's been three days of olive staying at the sturniolos' house, madi dropping by occassionally to keep olive some female company, knowing how chris would be getting on her nerves by now. the only thing chris has been doing that's pissing olive off is begging her to drive him everywhere. olive hates driving, and now that matt is gone, she's pretty much the soccer mom. tonight, madi came over and now they're all hanging out and about to watch a movie.

olive puts the food on the counter and tells nick and chris that the food is done. madi turns off the stove and walks over to grab a plate. 

"mmm... the sauce isn't as good as matt's," chris says. olive rolls her eyes and laughs. "well, too bad because matt isn't gonna be back for a while," madi says. "it's not that shitty, is it?" olive asks, genuinely wanting their opinion. "yeah, it's pretty good," nick shrugs. "pretty good means it's shitty, right?" she says, looking at chris. chris just laughs and almost spits out the mouthful of alfredo pasta he had in his mouth. olive shrugs and tries it herself. "it wasn't this bad while i was making it i promise!" she exclaims after tasting the dinner. "sorry guys," she sighs, wishing she could've done it better. they all reassure her that it's fine and they eat it anyway. 

"let's watch paranormal activity," chris suggests, smiling and walking over to the couch. madi and olive share a look. "hell no," olive speaks up, "there's no way i'm watching that," she says. "come on, please? matt hates it and this is our only chance to see it," nick says, putting his hands together like he's actually begging her. "no, sorry," olive says. she usually doesn't care about horror movies but this one specifically scares the shit out of her. it's just a little too realistic. "you guys can watch it, i'll be upstairs," she sighs. "no, olive i was kidding we won't watch it," chris says. "no actually, i'm pretty tired anyway so i'm gonna go to bed and you guys can watch it," she smiles tiredly. "are you sure?" madi asks. "yes, i'm sure," olive says, walking over to the stairs. "okay, goodnight." nick says, and the rest of them also saying goodnight to olive before she heads upstairs. 

olive brushes her teeth and gets into matt's bed, not even realizing how fast she passed out. she was extremely tired although they didn't do much that day, other than driving chris around stores. she didn't even get a chance to turn on the tv before falling asleep. 

~

matt comes home from his internship, marylou and jimmy heading to sleep because it's 4am and it was a long drive home. matt walks upstairs to his room and opens the door. olive is in his bed. he's so fucking tired and really needs sleep, but he doesn't want olive to be mad if she sees him next to her. after all, it is his bed.