012. {wish you were here}

[real life, imessage, instagram]

012. {wish you were here}

she arrives at the sturniolos' house, and right as she walks in, matt looks like he's headed out. olive immediately panics when she sees all his bags, she assumes he's leaving and maybe he really is mad at olive. he can't blame this on her, it was dave. she wants to explain herself but he does before she can ask what the hell he's leaving for. "lacrosse thing, remember?" he says, walking over to olive and playfully pushing her head. "oh yeah," she says quietly. "you're leaving right now?" she asks looking up into his eyes. "yeah, in about an hour," he says. "can we play video games until then? if you're not busy" she blurts out, still sounding quiet. matt's lips part and his eyebrows furrow, olive gives him a knowing look with widened eyes to signal to him they need to talk. "okay...sure," he shrugs, and the two walk upstairs after olive hugged nick and chris hello. 

"how long are you gone for?" she asks matt, putting her bag down on his bedroom floor. he runs his hands through his hair and shrugs, "probably about a week-" "a whole week?" she says, allowing the shock in her tone to show through. matt furrows his eyebrows and smiles. "why? you gonna miss me?" he asks, falling down onto his bed on his back. olive walks over to the bed and also back flops onto the bed right next to matt. "maybe- well, i'll miss arguing with you," she laughs, looking over at him. he smiles and shakes his head. "we all know you don't like to argue and you hate being yelled at," he says, looking back at her. her eyes soften, "yeah, i guess you're right," she says softly with a sigh. olive sits up and is about to get up but matt sits up too and it catches her off guard. "where are you going?" he asks worriedly. "i'm getting the controller, dipshit," she giggles, standing up and making her way to his dresser to turn on the xbox. matt repositions himself on his bed so he's laying correctly and leaving enough room for olive. 

"thanks," he says when she hands him the controller. "i thought you wanted to come up here because you wanted to talk," he adds. "we can talk if you want," she shrugs. "we should," he sighs. "why does dave hate me so much again?" he asks. olive sighs and looks away. "i mean, i honestly don't know. any time i make any friend he assumes the worst, i think he thinks i'm out doing things i'm not supposed to... he should be grateful i'm sitting in a room about to play xbox with my enemy," she giggles at the last part. matt stays serious because he knows she's trying to change the subject. "that's understandable, one time i brought home a girl and chris and nick thought we went to my room to-" "ew, matt, i don't wanna hear about that," olive interrupts with a disgusted face. matt chuckles and clicks on the game they're going to play.