006. {it's not that serious}

[real life, imessage]

006. {it's not that serious}

matt looks around on the bleachers, trying to find chris and nick. he goes back to looking at his coach, trying his best to take in every word he says. finally, he runs to the field where the goal is. sometimes he hates being the goalie, but it's what he's best at.

olive shows up to the game, entering from the other entrance, making it harder for her to find friends. oh yeah, she doesn't have those. she sighs and spots chris in the crowd and sits down.

"matt will be happy you're here," is of course the first thing chris says as she sits down next to him. he's smirking and nudging her, but she is expressionless. "yeah, i'm sure," she says, thinking chris was being sarcastic. "no, he actually was asking if you were coming to his game," nick says. olive tilts her head and has a 'thinking' sort of look on her face as she looks at the field. chris invites her over to their house once the game is over so she can 'have dinner with them'. olive doesn't mind, but she has a feeling that isn't the reason they are inviting her. she agrees, anyway, and watches the game. 

~

"i'm so happy we won!" matt says, jumping into chris and nick for a hug. olive stands there smiling, holding her arms crossed in front of her chest. matt releases from the hug and glances over at olive. he immediately turns back around to nick and chris and smiles one more time. chris pushes him off and towards olive, also smiling wide. matt stands in front of olive awkwardly, waiting for her to say something. "good job," she smiles, giving him a high five. "i'm proud of y-" he pulls her into a hug, his arms around her shoulders, her arms down, then moving to pat his back. she's laughing and so is he. "ew, matt you're sweaty!" she exclaims as she pushes him off playfully. they all laugh and walk to the car. 

"i kinda want denny's," says chris, glancing over at matt for approval. matt shrugs and olive, who's sitting in the back seat, moves up between the front seats to speak. "YES. i want chocolate chip pancakes right now," says olive, sounding oddly excited to go to a breakfast place at night. nick laughs at her response and also agrees. before matt pulls out of the parking lot of their school, he turns to olive and smiles at her. "chocolate chip pancakes are my thing, you know?" he jokes. she smiles, pressing her lips together and rolling her eyes jokingly. nick glances between the two and furrows his eyebrows while looking at olive then matt over and over. chris glances back at olive who's in the back seat, smiling and looking out the window.