010. {she'll survive}

[real life, instagram]

[tw: minimal verbal abuse]

010. {she'll survive}

chris stands up from the couch to get another pepsi, although it's 1 am now. he asks olive if she wants anything and she simple shakes her head and thanks him for asking. matt glances over at olive while chris walks back into the living room, putting his pepsi on the coffee table and grabbing a pillow to throw at olive. "thanks," olive chuckles, placing the pillow against the armrest of the couch and laying down. chris picks up his pepsi once again and signals matt over to the kitchen. with a roll of his eyes, he stands up and follows chris.

"where is she gonna sleep?" chris asks nonchalantly. "on the couch..?" matt says sounding like he's questioning chris. "is there a problem with the couch?" he adds. "why don't you let her sleep in your bed and you stay on the couch then?" chris asks, the both of them keeping their voices down so olive doesn't hear.

"no way!" matt whisper shouts. chris rolls his eyes at matt's immaturity. "then she can have my bed and i'll sleep in your bed," chris shrugs. "also no," matt says, crossing his arms. "why not?" chris questions. "she's the guest, plus it's not fair that madi gets a bed and she's down here alone," he says. "then why don't you stay down here with her chris?" matt says aggressively, still managing to keep his voice down. chris sips his pepsi and shakes his head while the can is tipped up in his mouth. "why can't we share a bed, matty?" chris asks in a jokingly flirty voice. "you sleep all over the place and i don't wanna wake up to you being on top of me again," matt sighs. "i don't!" chris whisper shouts. "doesn't matter, i'm not sharing a bed with you," matt says, shaking his head with wide eyes at chris to show his seriousness. "then share a bed with olive," chris says nonchalantly. matt's eyes widen more, nearly bulging out of their sockets. "one, she's a girl, two, i hate her, and three, the couch is fine. she'll survive." matt deadpans. "i would never share a bed with her anyway why would you say tha-" "matt it was a fucking joke, relax," chris chuckles at how much matt seems to be overreacting. 

olive looks behind her to see matt looking annoyed and chris laughing. suddenly, they notice her looking and walk back over to the couch. "if you want you can stay in my room," chris shrugs. "it's okay, the couch is fine for me," olive says, smiling and shrugging because she didn't mind the thought of sleeping in the living room anyway. "are you sure? everyone else will be upstairs, yknow?" chris asks. matt gives chris an 'i told you so' type of look because he knows olive. he knew she wouldn't mind the couch, but chris was just trying to be generous. "no, really it's fine!" she says smiling, "thank you though,". chris shrugs and turns on his heels to head upstairs, matt trying to hold back a grin while following behind.