009. {my fault}

[real life, imessage]

[tw: mentions of abuse]

009. {my fault}

olive walks up to her front porch and inhales deeply. she crosses her fingers and walks into her house. what do you know?! lucky for olive, david is sitting right fucking there on the couch. he's watching some stupid ass tv show that she can't quite make out from the scene it's on. she notices that he didn't turn his head when the door opened, so she shuts it quietly, and sticks with the idea she just came up with in her head. bedroom, pack, go to the car. shouldn't be too difficult to be quiet. she tiptoes up the staircase as quietly as humanly possible, finally making her way to her room. 

she grabs everything she thinks she might need, even packing extra clothes in case she stays at madi's house too. olive moves quickly, knowing her friends are waiting on her. not matt. matt isn't her friend, not anymore. she then grabs her toothbrush and whatnot from the bathroom and tries to quietly head downstairs with her stuffed backpack, the zipper barely holding on from the bag being so full.

"olive?" she hears a voice call out from downstairs. fuck. she was so close. she doesn't respond, just in case david is hearing things or talking to someone else. she's learned that the hard way when she was sneaking out and she replied. he wouldn't have known if she didn't say anything. "just me," says her mom, lindsay, leaving her room for the first time today although it's about 5pm. she sighs quietly of relief.

"oh, hey olive," says lindsay. the only thing running through olive's mind is FUCK FUCK FUCK. "how are you doing, sweetie?" her mom asks gently, announcing her presence. she doesn't even realize how she just completely fucked olive over. dave looks over from where he's sitting on the couch in his white t-shirt and basketball shorts, spotting olive standing by the front door. "i'm good, mom, i gotta go," she says quickly, turning around to open the door. she opens the door and right as she's about to leave, dave calls her back in. shit. she glances back, hoping that since everyone in the car can fucking see her, david will keep his cool and make this quick. "where are you going?" he asks. olive is already nervous. "i'm... going to... my friend's house," she starts. "which friends?" he asks. "madi's house," she lies right through her teeth, attempting to say it calmly so it sounds truthful. dave's face scrunches up and he stands up to make his way over to her. lindsay is still standing in front of olive, not saying anything, and not even looking like she gives a fuck. "close the fucking door." david demands. olive tries to step out but he grabs her wrist and pulls her back inside.