𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒

        The universe. It's the building blocks of the world as one knows it. Countless possibilities are endless when it comes to the universe. Multitudes of different worlds, lifeforms, and so much more... but yet... it's all so very boring. Especially for one who has, quite frankly, seen it all.

Literally.

The only thing that had kept me entertained in this universe was the threat of the Honkai against advanced civilizations. When worlds became too advanced, the Honkai would come into these worlds and destroy them, resetting them to a blank slate and being forced to rebuild their entire worlds from the ground up. For some civilizations, this process could take thousands of years. And I've witnessed the rise and fall of many such civilizations across many different planets and solar systems.

I managed to find one such world that desperately fought against the Honkai threat. A world known as Earth. The men and women of this world fought valiantly in their previous era, fighting against the Finality of death that the Will of the Honkai would bring. I watched from the sidelines over the course of the next some-odd fifty-thousand years it would take for humanity to be able to fight back once more against the Honkai. I'm glad I stayed for as long as I did, as I was thoroughly entertained, watching the chosen ones of humanity fighting back and winning against the Honkai.

I've even visited that girl on the moon once or twice to give her some company. She was wary of me at first, of course. However, once she realized I was no threat, I would say we became rather great friends. When we'd chat, I could just hear the amount of love she had for her world in her voice. For the ones whom she sacrificed herself and her time to protect.

It was then, I knew that this world would not need my intervention. For, it already had heroes willing to save it at the end of the day. This world was full of the one, beautiful thing I wish to protect in all worlds I visit.

Hope.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons I've come to love those who call themselves humanity on the planet Earth. They're always fighting for what's beautiful in the world, enduring countless sacrifices, countless lives lost... in the end, they managed to win against fate and rewrite the story in their own way.

When that little girl, now a grown-up woman, left the Moon and returned to her world after fulfilling her mission, a new threat had encroached upon this world I'd come to enjoy watching over. An alien-race that I'd witness previously attack and destroy several advanced planets- harvesting their Honkai energies and leaving nothing behind but disaster, had descended upon this world.

I was at an impasse with myself.

I'd grown to love this world just as much as I loved my original home that I can no longer remember. The spirit of humanity was so moving, that I couldn't help but stay longer than I meant to. As an immortal being capable of never dying and being able to traverse the stars, I hadn't felt such an overwhelming sensation of wanting to protect something in a long time. It was... different.

A good kind of different.

But yet, I couldn't allow myself to become complacent. I stayed in one place for far too long, after all. I grew to love this world, but yet I can't bring myself to protect it from this race known as the Sky People. That girl, all grown up, begged me to reconsider.

It broke my heart to decline her wish.

When I declined her offer for help, I expected her to be upset, as she should have been.