𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

❝𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐔𝐏.❞

        The world was a void. Darkness all around. No light in sight. He floated for what seemed like ages in that endless void. Every now and then he'd hear voices through the dark.

"How much does he remember?"

He doesn't remember much at all besides his own name.

"...They'll remember you."

The one that Kafka gave him.

"Time to get up."

As if on command, his world was filled with color. Full of reds and pinks. Blue and purple. The first thing he saw... The first person he saw, was her.

"Kafka..." His voice comes out raspy, as if it hasn't been used in a long time. His head pulses in pain, trying to dredge up memories of why he knows the woman before him. She smiles down at him.

"Great, so you remember me." The girl beside Kafka glances down at him, before popping a bubblegum bubble and looking away.

"Listen: You are in a daze right now. You don't know who you are, why you're here, or what you're going to do next. You think I look familiar, but you're not sure if you should trust me—" Kafka shakes her head, that smile on her lips never leaving. "...None of that matters. All you need to know is that I'm leaving, and you will be left all alone on this space station. From now on you needn't think about your past or doubt yourself." She stands from her position. He can't even find the words to say. It's as if all he can do is just listen.

"In the near future, you will encounter all kinds of perils and hardships, but you will also have many wonderful experiences. You'll meet companions who treat you like family, and embark on surreal adventures with them... Among them, is one you'll find intriguing. Someone you can't help but feel a connection towards, and that's okay. At the end of your journey, all that perplexes you and troubles you will resolve. This is your future that Elio has foreseen." She explains. He wants to ask more. Ask about the other questions racing through his mind.

"Do you like it?" Kafka asks him. Countless thoughts course through his mind. Why is he on a space station? How did he get here? Why can he only remember this one woman and his name? Eventually, all of the thoughts and questions boil down into one answer.

"I... guess." A life full of adventure and companions? It sounds like a pretty good life. He must have answered correctly, because Kafka smiles down at him again.

"Lovely." Her voice gains that captivating tone once more- the one that you can't help but just listen to every word she speaks.

"Remember what you're feeling in this moment. As long as you know in your heart where you're heading, you are guaranteed to see the ending of your story. That's the you I like." Her companion beside her gives Kafka a stern stare.

"How long do you think you need? According to the script, the Astral Express crew is arriving soon. We should avoid being seen by them." Her companion states, matter-of-factly. Kafka sighs.

"I know, Silver Wolf. Just give me another minute." Her gaze falls back down onto him.

"I must leave now. Listen: someone will come and find you very soon, just go with them. You won't remember a thing except me." She's leaving? A sudden feeling of sorrow fills him. He reaches out for her, but finds he just lacks the strength to even stand up.

"Kafka..." It's all he can do. All he can say. Hoping that she'll change her mind and take him with her. Yet she doesn't. She turns, leaving him with her final words of parting. He finds it harder to stay conscious as he watches Kafka and Silver Wolf make their exit.