𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑

Dan Heng navigated the dimly lit streets of Boulder Town, the low hum of activity around him serving as a stark contrast to the world above. His mind was still spinning from the sudden journey into the Underworld, and he couldn't shake the unease that came with waking up in an unfamiliar place with March 7th and Caelus. Not to mention the Silvermane Commander, Bronya Rand, who had been unwittingly brought along after the smoke bomb Sampo Koski threw at them that'd knocked them all out.

He had been the first to awaken in Natasha's infirmary, the medic having deemed him fit to leave after a quick examination. Now, Dan Heng was determined to find Sampo Koski. The man responsible for their abrupt descent into this unfamiliar place. If Sampo Koski could bring them down here, he can surely find a way to do the same for (Y/N).

As Dan Heng searched high and low for the scoundrel, he approached the makeshift fight club of Boulder Town. Outside of the building, he spotted Sampo. Sampo bore a mischievous grin on his face, deep in conversation with a few locals.

Approaching the conman, Dan Heng's voice was firm but measured.

"Sampo," he said, causing the man to turn and face him, "we need to talk."

Sampo's eyes widened momentarily in surprise. He excused himself from the conversation and strolled over to Dan Heng.

"O-Oh! Dan Heng, my man! How are you feeling? No dizziness? Headaches? Nausea? No? Good! Good! Oh, how glad am I to see you, my pal!" he quipped, studying Dan Heng with an amused glint in his eyes. "What's on your mind, my friend?"

Dan Heng wasted no time on pleasantries. "You brought us here, into the Underworld," he stated, his gaze unwavering. "And I want to know why."

Sampo chuckled, seemingly unfazed by Dan Heng's directness. "Ah, straight to the point, aren't you? But you see, my dear friend, I brought you here to help you. You and your friends aided my escape from the Silvermane Guards back in the outskirts of Belobog. I figured it was only fair I return the favor."

Dan Heng's brows furrowed in confusion. "Return the favor? How does bringing us into the Underworld help us?"

Sampo leaned in closer, his voice lowered. "The Silvermane Guards are relentless. They don't give up easily. By bringing you down here, I've bought you some time, given you a chance to shake them off your trail. Consider it a debt repaid!" He throws his arms up into the air, theatrically. Dan Heng stares at the scoundrel, unimpressed. However, he isn't here to be friends with this man.

"How did you bring us down into the Underworld?" Dan Heng asks him. Sampo's tight, businessman-like grin never leaves his face.

"Sorry! Can't expose my trade secret... But~! A little birdy told me about how you're searching for clues for whatever it is you're looking for again," Sampo raises his arms, pointing at the building. "Right here! If you enter into the fighting tournament, you're sure to learn something! Might even get the attention of Wildfire, you never know! Hehe." Dan Heng folds his arms giving the man an impassive stare, not buying anything this man says.

"I'm not here to enter any sort of fighting tournaments... I have something else to ask you. Since you won't divulge how you brought us down here... to make up for that, we need you to find someone in the Overworld. She's likely already been caught and captured by the Silvermane Guards since none of our messages have been read by her since she arrived." Sampo lowers his arms.

"Oh~, a friend of Sampo's friends is a friend of Sampo Koski's! If your little friend really has been caught up by the Silvermane Guards, I can get her out of trouble faster than you can say "Shield"! Of course, I still think you should check this fight club out for clues!" Dan Heng sighs. He really isn't going to let up on this, is he?