𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓

It's too easy to reach the railway platform. The enemies we face aren't hard to kill at all, and it makes me feel uneasy knowing there's a stronger enemy lurking outside of the space station. I can't help the sinking feeling in my stomach that tells me this isn't going to end well. When we reach the platform, it's easy to see that the Express isn't here.

"Aww yeah, it's the platform!" March exclaims. Dan Heng glances around, searching for any signs of the Express making its way here.

"...The Express isn't here." He notices. March races ahead of us.

"It has to be nearby! Let me go take a peek with my sharp eyes." March quickly proclaims. Something isn't right...

"March, don't get any closer to the platform!" I call out to her. Dan Heng gasps, realizing as well.

"Wait, March!" He calls out after her. Then, it happens.

The Doomsday Beast arrives.

It sends a large, clawed swipe down towards March.

"March!" I race forward, weapon in hand. The blade extends with a swing, knocking the monster's aim off course and saving March. March breathes a sigh of relief when myself and the others take battle positions beside her.

"Thanks for that, (Y/N)!" I nod, not taking my eyes off of the beast.

"The Doomsday Beast... It's really here." Himeko mutters, concern evident in her voice.

"Hey! Get down here!" March shouts at it, aiming her bow at the monster. It dives down, causing dust to fly everywhere. The Doomsday Beast roars, glaring down at us before narrowing its gaze in my direction. The Antimatter Legion have noticed my presence here, it seems.

"Careful everyone!" Himeko cautions. The final battle to protect the Herta Space Station has begun. The Doomsday Beast guards its core like the last one did.

"We need to destroy the core! If we destroy the core, we'll kill it and be done with it!" I called out to the others. Himeko takes note and nods.

"Right. I'll try and distract it with my drone! We can't rely on the orbital cannon. Herta wouldn't be too happy about us destroying a part of her space station, even if it was to protect it and the researchers here." Right. The Doomsday Beast doesn't wait for us to come up with a game plan, immediately going on the offensive and sending attacks solely in my direction. I have to leap away from the attacks, swinging my weapon and creating slashes in the monster's armored claws.

"It's mainly attacking... (Y/N)?" Dan Heng notices.

"It doesn't surprise me. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this a second time. Damn it... I shouldn't have used up the most of my energy healing the researchers!" I lamented. I know I had to help those people, but I still wish it hadn't used the majority of my strength to do it. I can't let something like this happen again if I'm going to be staying with these people. I won't let myself become a burden to anyone in this world.

"(Y/N)! The Doomsday Beast looks like it's about to aim another attack at you!" March exclaims in a panic. And she's right. The Doomsday Beast takes one of its large, clawed hands and brings it down above my head, aiming to squash me like one does an annoying pest. It all happens so fast, I barely have time to react over the loud shouts of my name from my companions.

"I-I'm fine!" I manage out, holding the Doomsday Beast's claws above my head. It's a power struggle. One I'm starting to lose judging by those claws getting closer to my face.