𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐀

The parlor was deathly silent after Kafka revealed just what, or who, the Stellaron Hunters wanted. Himeko shakes her head, a deathly serious glare upon her brow.

"Absolutely not." Kafka frowns with a shrug.

"Really? Not even willing to consider it? Fine, it was worth a shot. Alright, how about we change things up a bit then. We wish to meet the otherworldly interloper who managed to change our carefully crafted script. In exchange, we'll give you this rare Curio here and you can go on your merry way after. Us Stellaron Hunters have places to be, after all." I frowned in concern and confusion.

"Why are you so interested in me? Actually, how are you already aware I'm not from this world?" I asked her once more.

"I'd be more than happy to share that information for when we meet in person. And we will meet. It's already been forseen." This woman doesn't make any sense. March spoke up in defiance towards Kafka's plans.

"And just what makes you think we'll just let you persuade her into your schemes?" March proclaimed.

"The Nameless are more than welcome to come along. In fact, you probably should come along, if you wish to guarantee your new friend's safety for in the off chance we Stellaron Hunters learn something that could potentially alter our plans." So, if the Stellaron Hunters decide I'm a threat to whatever it is they have planned, they're willing to try and destroy me... Just what could possibly be so important for them to go to such extreme measures? I fought the urge to sigh.

"Less than a day in this new world and I'm already being pulled into plots unknown..." I muttered under my breath. Himeko's gaze pricked my skin.

"(Y/N), if you do decide to meet with the Stellaron Hunters in exchange for the Curio, I'll make sure nothing can happen to you." I glanced over at her, a small smile on my lips.

"Thank you, Himeko... However, I'm more worried about you guys... as what I feared might be coming true. If my being here causes problems for your lot, I will remove myself from the equation and continue on my own." Himeko frowned. Kafka pipes back up into the conversation. Right, her hologram is still here.

"Hm. You're pretty interesting... What would be the point in isolating yourself? You would achieve nothing, and in achieving nothing, fail to find your purpose. Don't let my little threats make you turn tail and flee at the first sign of trouble." Is she... consoling me? How strange. I blinked in confusion for a moment, my mind grasping at Kafka's words and trying to decipher their meaning. It's in that moment, that I know my answer.

"Alright. I'll meet with you and yours in exchange you give the Curio to the Nameless." March protests at my compliance.

"(Y/N)! You shouldn't listen to her! Nothing good can come from this meeting." Himeko quiets her down.

"March, it'll all be fine. I don't think the Stellaron Hunters want to harm our new friend. If anything, they're probably just as curious about her as we are." March groans.

"Ugh... I know... I'm just worried, is all." Welt turns to face me.

"If you're going to meet with the Stellaron Hunters, be sure to stay on guard. You can never be too cautious around them." I nodded, taking the ex-Herrscher's words to heart.

"I will." I confirmed, he nods. Kafka places a hand on her hip, her eyes narrowing in satisfaction.

"Perfect. I'll be waiting for you then." She turns, however before she can cut the call, I called out.