𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒

        When I met back up with the Astral Express's crew, they all seemed relieved to see me come back to them in one piece. The Curio ended up literally being in plain sight, like Kafka had stated. All the Stellaron Hunters did was move it to a different location within the IPC's outpost. The IPC must have just assumed that the Stellaron Hunters had the item when they weren't able to find it in the original location it was being kept in. March proclaimed that it must have been a prank that the Stellaron Hunters' hacker, known as Silver Wolf, pulled off on the IPC. Seeing as the IPC had previously spotted both her and Kafka in the area together.

So, that must be who contacted me after I'd split up from Himeko and the others.

Silver Wolf... Looking at her wanted image on file reminded me of a certain someone from the previous world I came from. The resemblance was uncanny... but I've seen and even met plenty of people who've had look-a-likes of themselves in previous worlds along the branches and leaves of the Imaginary Tree. It makes me wonder if there's something important about these people, for them to be replicated over and over across time and space. Although, the surprising fact is...

I've never met my own look-a-like before.

One would assume that I would, having lived for as long as I have. Yet, since I've never met anyone else who has my face, I wonder if there's a reason for it. I suppose, I'll never truly know.

Now that the Astral Express has what they came to this planet for, it's time for them to deliver it.

It seems as if the time to make my decision has arrived...

A sigh leaves my lips as I gaze out at the stars from the parlor of the Express. A voice calls out to me.

"Sooo, what did Kafka talk to you about?" March asks as she steps up to my side. Placing my palm on the glass, I could feel how cool it was as I stared out at the stars that twinkled away in the far out distance.

"She... didn't say much of interest, honestly. I wasn't able to get my questions in because of her ability. However... I have a feeling that I'll... That we'll... be seeing her and the rest of the Stellaron Hunters again in the near future." I state. March falls silent and I witness the moment the words click in her mind. A small smile reaches my lips when her pretty, multi-hued eyes sparkle in excitement.

"You mean, you'll stay?!" She exclaims. I hesitated for a moment. Countless failures flashing before my mind's eye. My hand falls from the glass and to my side. Nails digging into the flesh of my fists.

No matter what... I won't let this world fall to ruin. I won't let those failures of the past drag me down. The innocent lives lost cling onto my soul like ghouls crying and begging for revenge. Screaming names I've gone by throughout my long life. I survive... fated... to watch those around me die. Will the cycle repeat once more?

No...

"No more failures... No more broken promises... I'll do whatever it takes. Even if it means snuffing out this everlasting flame that burns within me." I whisper under my breath. It takes me only a moment to realize that March had witnessed the entire act of my inner turmoil. A quick sigh escapes my lips once more.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" March asks quietly, as if to not scare me away. I softly nod at the girl.

"I'm okay. Just... a little bit of self-discovery is all. However, to answer your question..." A small smile grows upon my lips. "I'll join the Astral Express." Another's voice cuts into the conversation between March and I.