𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄

        The Doomsday Beast... it's really here. There's no possible way I'll be able to take this one out like I did with the other one. Just... why send such a strong enemy to attack a space station of all things? It seems like overkill.

It's not... it's not because of... me? Is it?

I would hope not.

Yet the glare the monster sends my way speaks volumes. It may not be here because of me, but it still seems to have orders to get rid of me, what with the way most of its attacks seemed aimed in my direction. Caelus and I share a glance for a moment. I'll have to buy him some time and create an opening for him!

It's only a matter of time for us to find out if this will end well or not.

"I hope... this isn't because of me." The words leave my lips softly. The monster readies a large attack.

It's time.

        Thirty minutes earlier

"Projectile radar tracking, normal. Telemetry signal frequency unusually high! Maintain at normal levels! Our measurements predict that the Legion is about to unleash over ten waves of continuous attacks. Everyone, brace yourselves!" A woman's voice calls out commands as we reach the center of the area.

"Asta! We're back!" March announces. The woman, Asta, turns and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Whew, I'm glad you're all back safe. Arlan just told me about the situation at the storage zone — and about his injury... thank you, for all your help." Asta turns her attention over to me.

"He mentioned that the new member of the Astral Express helped heal his injuries. I assume that's you?" She asks and I nod.

"I'm (Y/N), said newest member of the Nameless." Asta's eyes crinkle in relief as she smiles.

"Thank you, truly. Arlan is a dear friend of mine and I honestly worry too much about that boy." She admits. I waved my hand in the air.

"It was nothing, really. The least I could do to help, honestly." She nods.

"Right... but, because of your help, we'll be able to make sure that even more of the space station's researchers are safe because Arlan isn't injured. In times of disaster, I realize more and more that the space station's researchers are its most valuable assets... Alas, we were ill-prepared for such emergencies... we should have built up our security and combat departments. On the other hand, the entire crew of the Astral Express seems to be extraordinarily' skilled." Dan Heng gets straight to the point.

"What is the current situation on the space station?" He asks. Asta frowns in response.

"The situation is under control for now: The damage to our security system was minor. The intruder only managed to alter a small amount of data, so it was easy to fix. The real problem lies with the researchers... They trust Madam Herta wholeheartedly and never thought that the space station would be breached by the Legion. A broken spirit is far worse than a broken body." Himeko nods in agreement, folding her arms and leaning her weight on one leg. She gazes at her fellow crew members of the Astral Express.