𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓, 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐈

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒

        There was only ever one who accomplished the same feat I tried to accomplish, all those countless years ago. One so determined to complete the path he, himself, had set. So determined... to change the fate of the one he loved the most. I'd feel for him... if he hadn't gone down the wrong path to get to that tree where all things are possible.

Yet...

I do hold a small amount of respect for him.

Because, as I previously stated...

Otto Apocalypse has been the only other person that has succeeded, to my knowledge, of altering someone's fate within the Imaginary Tree. He fought, tooth and nail, to reach the Tree's base. All to save Kallen Kaslana in another timeline. A lot rode on a simple bet, and in the end, he won that bet.

His prize being able to rewrite Kallen Kaslana's survival five hundred years ago in exchange for his very existence in this world.

This universe.

In the end... I'd have to say he did something not even I was able to achieve. Yet, I wonder if that price would have been my sanity? Would I have become like him? Willing to sacrifice anyone and anything in my way in order to save my world from its demise?

You either die a hero...

Or... live long enough to become the villain of another's story.

        "I hope you're well aware of the path you're walking on

        "I hope you're well aware of the path you're walking on." I find myself telling the man before me. "Then again... you've long known about the consequences... The sacrifice that must be made... Haven't you?"

"Otto Apocalypse."

I'd felt a pull in this world. Something calling for me. Something akin to the Imaginary Tree's powers. Who would have thought I'd come across someone like myself? Another slave to the Imaginary Tree's power and will. Someone who has given their everything in exchange for a chance to write a different outcome to something they cared and loved.

"So... You are the one I felt. The Imaginary Tree's beloved anomaly. The only one to ever exist, truly unique to the point of not being able to let go of such a precious asset. I would have expected you to show yourself much sooner than you have." If he means to insult me, I don't take it to heart. I've seen and witnessed how cold and calculating this man could be. He uses people for his own advantage to further his goals of bringing Kallen Kaslana back to life. It's likely he's even trying to learn if I could be of use to him like the tool I've become. However, it's meaningless. Once that woman died, her soul immediately began searching for a new vessel. Once a new vessel would be found, all of her memories of her past life would be wiped clean. She wouldn't remember a single thing about the man before me. If she knew the lengths he'd gone through just to bring her back, she'd likely loathe him.