Alex

Alex pov

Falling lights amass 100 sleepless nights I might be holding on to tight but there's a beast in the room and it won't let you leave alive

Not wanting to, I turned my alarm off and headed to the shower. Afterwards I did my makeup and straightened my hair. I decided to put a Ghost town shirt on with some white skinny jeans and black combat boots.

I grabbed some quick breakfast, not wanting to wake my dad. After my mom left him he became this cold, mean, abusive, shell of a man. I put my hand on the door knob and slowly open it, my dad grabbed my arm pushed me to the ground and kicked me in the stomach.

"I told you to be fucking quite and not wake me in the morning. Is that to much to fucking ask Alexandria?" he screamed at me before grabbing me by the hair and slapping me in the face.

"Now get to fucking school you worthless piece of shit!" He yelled as he walked into his room slamming the door behind him.I picked up my stuff and ran out the front door.

Because of the incident this morning, I missed my bus and had to walk to school. On my way there I ran into Cierra who was skating to school.

"Alex are you okay? What happened?" She asked as she took me into her arms.
I felt so safe and warm in her arms, I told her everything. I let all my walls down and we acted like we had know each other for years. She made me feel so much better and soon enough we were joking and laughing. I couldn't even breath around her, I had butterflies in my stomach.

Soon we got to school, morning classes went by pretty fast and soon it was lunch. I had no desire to put up with Bri and Malakai drama so me and Cierra just hung out together in the court yard. Soon Enough Will came walking up to us.

"Hey guys" he Said before sitting down.
"Hey where's Taylor?" I asked.
"Oh he's with his foster family in court, I guess his mom decided to fight for custody."
"What a fucking bitch!" I muttered.
"Wait Taylor Is in foster care?" Cierra asked with a concern face.
"Yeah his mom was a heroin addict and his dad didn't accept him being gay." Will said with a sad look in his eyes.
"Well I hope that stupid bitch doesn't win!" I said through clenched teeth.

The bell rang and me a Cierra headed to 5th. When we walked in Bri had a look on her face like a we need to talk look. But I wasnt in the mood for her, I simply walked passed her and sat next to Cierra.

I was dreading going back home but hopefully he wasn't there. Cierra broke my thoughts when she flashed a million dollar smile at me that made me melt. I couldn't figure out what these feelings for her were, but they were definitely strong.

Soon school was over and I was left no more time to stall. But then I saw Cierra skating and decided to walk home with her, it would buy me some time plus I loved hanging out with her.

On the walk home we talked about our favorite bands and songs and all the concerts we went to. And at on point our hands intertwined. God she made me feel great, why did I have these feelings was I gay? Or maybe just bi. Or maybe she was just a really good friend what ever it was I wasn't quite sure.

"So have you ever dated anyone Cierra?" I asked while keeping my eyes to the ground.
"Uh yeah I dated this girl sky in 7th grade and another girl Clair in 8th grade." She looked at me shyly waiting for my approval.
"So your uh bi?" My cheeks turned bright red at the sentence.
"No I'm a lesbian. Is that okay?" She asked.
"Of course" I said as a smile appeared on my face.

Soon we got to Cierra's house, we said good bye and hugged for a long time but it only seemed like seconds to me. Once she was gone I felt my fear creep up.

Once I got home I opened the door quietly, and before I could shut the door my dad walked up to me and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry Alex I never ment to hurt you, I've just been so stressed out and I..." He burst into tears before he finished his sentence.
"It's fine dad I'm fine" I said before hugging him.

After talking for a while my dad said that he was going to get help and that he would never do it again. I had heard this before but never had he said he was going to get help maybe this time it was different.

After finishing my homework I heated some left overs and watched some tv. I thought about Cierra for a while, her beautiful red hair and her warm smile took my breath away. And now that I know she's gay I'm I really can't stop thinking about her. I have been with guys before and I did like it but I had never been with a girl, maybe I'm bisexual. I thought about it for a while but I still wasn't sure. I soon feel asleep and for once in a long time I fell asleep happy. I think things are finally going to change.