Chapter 3

Chapter Text

-/-

"I cannot believe you just did that."

Slipping around the corner and out of sight of the junk shop Osgood finally allowed herself to breathe a sigh of relief. There had been no wail of sirens nor any cries of "thief thief" so clearly Missy had probably gotten away with it but that didn't change the principle of the thing.

It was a crime, Missy, The Mistress was a criminal and Osgood was an accessory to that crime. If they were back on earth Osgood could almost picture their mugshots or some grainy CCTV footage appearing on CrimeWatch. Osgood didn't need to try hard to imagine her old boss's reaction to just how low Osgood had fallen after mere weeks in the renegade timelady's company. Kate Lethbridge-Stewart would be disgusted with her, she was a disgrace to UNIT and the high standards her family had always set.

"I'm a criminal." Osgood muttered under her breath under able to hide her sweaty and slightly green expression from Missy who merely rolled her eyes and tutted, striding along the complex tunnel system whilst Osgood remained hidden in her little nook mere moments away from a panic attack.

"I'm going to end up in some alien cell."

"Perhaps but you stand an even better chance of being abandoned in an alien tunnel system." The Mistress countered having realised after a few feet that her pet was being stupid and not following her. Reaching out The Mistress hooked the handle of her umbrella over the top of Skip's buttoned jacket, and proceeded to tow the hyperventilating human after her.

After several turns into an empty tunnel and a trip up a rickety flight of stairs Osgood finally had recovered enough to dig her heels in and demand the answers. Her abrupt stop almost unbalanced The Mistress who paused long enough to glare back over her shoulder.

"Yes Pet? Was there something that really cannot wait?"

"Yes there is!" Osgood insisted stepping up bravely to meet the timelady's bright blue gaze, the one that was both mocking and amused. "Why did you do that? He was prepared to trade..."

"Because I felt like it. Because I wanted to. Because he didn't deserve to have the diamond. Because I don't have to explain myself to you." Missy mocked rolling her eyes. "Look on the bright side Skip at least I didn't kill him!"

"You as good as did." Osgood spluttered. "What was in that drink you gave him?"

"Nothing..." Missy replied innocently fluttering her eyelashes. "Just a little hypervodka...With a wee dash of cybermite..."

"You've turned him into a cyberman? What were you thinking? With all these people down here they don't stand a chance! We have to tell the authorities we have to get people ou..." Osgood all but screeched only for the iron grip of the timelady to reach out and clamp over her mouth and pushed her back roughly into the stairwell railings.

"That would sort of undermine the point Skip. Stop being such a goody two shoes." Missy sighed unable to contain her disappointment, she had honestly thought they were making progress, what good was a companion if they didn't follow the rules you gave them and ignored those issued by others.

"Besides I didn't turn him into a cyberman, those mites have been customised merely too incapacitate the nervous system and remove any memory of yours truly...of course I have never tested them on a Mentor before so that might account for the funny discharge and screaming..."

Pressing Osgood back against and over the stairwell railing, Missy felt the usual thrill of excitement as the human's pulse suddenly jumped. Her single heart now pounding wildly in her chest almost made a familiar sound to the timelady's ears...almost but the rhythm was still a little too off to be normal.