Chapter 17

Chapter Text

-/-

Mistress

It was jarring hearing her name, like a sudden song or smell that triggered a powerful memory. Reaching out with her enhanced abilities Missy could feel the hive tugging on her but she had never been one to take direction well and any resistance to her will only served to make her more determined. Besides there was always time enough for death and destruction and Missy wouldn't simply let an opportunity to do both pass her by.

Mistress please

There was genuine distress now and it evoked in Missy's memory the almost salty taste of tears, such a human emotion it would have turned her stomach if she had a stomach left to turn...or maybe she still did as the human emotion washed over her and Missy was not unaffected by it. In a fit of unexpected kindness she gathered the distressed consciousness close to her. It took little effort now, like slipping into a hot bath, human minds were so very simple and lacking even the most basic defences and there....there she was.

And now Missy recognised her. It was almost startling just how much of herself she had already begun to lose into the hive consciousness and for a moment The Mistress struggled to put a name to the being whose mind she now slipped through.

Skip...Skippy...Osgood. Yes that doe eyed little human that had been following her about and Missy was surprised at the surge of something that was a strange combination of frustration and something that almost tasted like amusement and was that...fondness?

The changeling child in her arms began to squirm and protest at the sudden lack of undivided attention and Missy found herself scowling down at that perfect little face.

"You need to learn to share love." Missy chided her beloved child gently even as she wiped the tears from its angelic little face. "Osgood is not one of the enemy."

Other...Other doesn't understand...they hurt us...

"If Osgood even thinks about hurting you then I will stop her." Missy promised even as she reached out and brought the fading human consciousness into her mindscape and watched in particularly amusement as the human girl lay there struggling to breath.

"Now now Pet try using that mind you are so famed for." Missy called out sarcastically as the girl's eyes finally opened and brown eyes stared up into verdant blue.

This was not what Osgood had been expecting, she had stepped into the pits hell and there had been only darkness and now suddenly she was in this desolate place so far from the spa room but Missy was here...

"This isn't real." Osgood grasped that quickly enough, her experiences in the Nethersphere and from being trapped in her own mind had taught her something after all.

"Oh Skip dear it may have no physical location but that doesn't mean it isn't real." Missy teased as she shifted the child onto her hip and reached up to stroke through its dark curls.

"Missy!" Osgood's relief was genuine as was the brief expression of pleasure that shuttered across her face. "Oh thank goodness I was so wor..." Osgood began only to trail off as she caught sight of the thing Missy was cradling in her arms.

To call it a child was a kindness it did not deserve even if Missy seemed to be treating it as one. It was monstrous; a huge maw of a mouth bared a thousand odd sharp teeth at her, snapping them at her in warning.

"Hush sweetheart Osgood won't hurt you." Missy cooed and Osgood could only watch as the time lady actually placed a kiss on that monstrous creatures head...or what Osgood assumed was its head.

It was wrapped around Missy like a creeper around a tree, too many little vein like vines to count were wrapped around her throat her arms, her chest, some were even slowly making their way up and over the top of the time lady's head and yet Missy seemed entirely oblivious.