Chapter 7

Chapter Text

-/-

"What is this disgusting..." The Mistress could barely stop herself from gagging as she violently pushed the bowl of so called soup away from her, the foul liquid slopping over the sides as she couldn't push it away fast enough.

Scrapping her tongue with her teeth Missy ignored the horrified glare Skip sent in her direction as she sipped politely at her own bowl of bile. "Ewww how can you eat that...it's vile...it tastes worse than Ood snot...It's like Ood snot and piss..."

"Mistress!" Osgood hissed her cheeks flaming bright red as the emaciated girl that had served them seemed to cower in shame, her eyes filling with unshed tears as she hurried out of the cave Navis had lent Missy and Osgood to rest and recover in. "You can't say that."

"Why not? I can say anything I like." Missy huffed before resorting to scraping the foul tasting residue off of her teeth with the sleeve of the ill-fitting rag she had been given to wear whilst one of these pesky little apes tried to get the mud out of her own clothes. "Besides it's not like I was lying, it is disgusting they should be ashamed serving that to guests..."

"They're starving!" Osgood snapped back even as her own stomach gave a sympathetic lurch in The Mistress's favour. "They have probably given you more food than half a dozen of them will get all day so just be grateful."

Stunned by the vehemence in her pet's tone Missy settled for merely frowning and scowling at Osgood's nerve in talking to her like that. Yet it seemed her pet wasn't even close to being housebroken as instead of being cowed in the slightest her ape had the nerve to glare right back at her. Surprisingly it was Missy who broke their little staring competition; there was something uncomfortable about the righteousness in Skip's expression that reminded The Mistress uncomfortably of The Doctor. If that sanctimonious idiot were here he would undoubtedly be giving her the very same look whilst happily slurping up his own bowl of snort and piss flavoured soup.

"It's really not that bad when you get used to it." Osgood offered when the silence being came uncomfortably and The Mistress seemed to have shifted from annoyed to brooding, and a brooding Mistress was a dangerous Mistress who was liable to make something explode just to break the tedium.

Snorting in amusement at her pet's attempt to lie to her of all people The Mistress had to at least give her an A for effort. "Probably because the concentration of Ammonium chloride has irritative action on the bronchial mucosa causing an excess of fluid, by now I doubt your taste buds could tell the difference between that soup and whatever slop you apes normally shovel in."

"Hey you seemed quite content to eat my slop when that meant you didn't have to cook anything!" Osgood snapped setting down her nearly finished bowl next to The Mistress's untouched one.

"I was just being polite Skip."

"You do know the definition of that word?" Osgood snarked back. "Because you might try being so to our hosts, Navis saved your life..."

"No I saved my own life thank you very much." Missy snapped before grudgingly conceding an inch in the face of Osgood's outraged expression. "Fine you might have also had something to do with it...."

"Is that the closest you are going to get to thanking me for getting you out of that mud pool because I can't hear a thank you for saving my life Osgood in that sentence?"

"I wouldn't have been in the pool in the first place if you hadn't dragged me over the railing!"

"And I wouldn't have pulled you over the railing if you hadn't tried to murder me first!" Osgood snapped back, her irritation growing as Missy merely rolled her eyes. "You have to stop doing that, trying to kill me I mean just because I don't agree with you or you get bored or you want to test your latest death toy!"