Chapter 15

-/-

The twin suns were warm on her face, somewhere far in the distance the bells in the citadel began to chime the beautiful delicate melody that was once as familiar as breathing and yet somehow The Mistress had forgotten it. There was the scent of newly blooming flowers in the air and a warm breeze carried their perfume causing her nose to twitch as she drew in a lung full and held it, held it until it burned...

There were long dexterous fingers threading through her hair, stroking it gently enough not to pull and yet they tugged on her curls and ran soothingly back and forth caressing any lingering cares away. Releasing her held breathe Missy relished the way those strong fingers stroked and tugged her head back and in an unusually obliging mood she allowed herself to be guided, her reward was the teasing press of lips against her forehead. Warm breath with a hint of sweet mint brushed her skin and The Mistress felt a smile tug at her lips.

Thete

It wasn't a question; Missy knew the one whose embrace she was languishing in as well as she knew herself. She knew that touch, that particular warmth that only her former lover could bring to the dark recesses of her mind.

Whom else's embrace could bring her such simple joy? Soothing away any flicker of fear or doubt or...pain...

There was pain, lingering for a moment on the edge and The Mistress frowned there had been men with bats and for a moment she could have sworn she heard...

Shush just relax I've got you. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again

Frowning for a moment as she struggled to catch hold of that fleeting thought Missy finally allowed it flee unpursued as sweet warm lips descended once more this time teasing her twitching nose before finally latching down on her own waiting lips.

Oh my love Missy all but purred as she breathed him in, down and drowning in him but there was no other way she would rather finally leave this mortal coil than in his arms. She could feel him now, his arms around her, his mouth claiming her own stealing her breath, his mind sinking into her own faster and deeper and with more skill than Missy had given him credit it for. Like roots the tendrils of his thoughts burrowed down and Missy found other thoughts and memories suddenly sparking and flashing across her consciousness.

Running and burning...fighting and loving...blue...the silvery blue of her Doctor's latest eyes and the bright cloudless of blue of an earth sky in summer.

Deeper and deeper he burrowed and Missy began to squirm in discomfort. It was too much...too deep...like Thete wasn't just inside her he was everywhere.

Stop

It wasn't a request it was a command and The Mistress was used to being obeyed.

No...More...Need...

Was the hungry demand that echoed back in her mind, the voice losing some of its earlier sweetness. The precious illusion shattering in her mind as she finally felt the wolf shed its sheep's clothing and bare its hungry teeth.

Show me more

All pretence of calmness was dropped and like a wild ravenous beast it savaged her memories, at first there was no discernible pattern but all too soon The Mistress realised what it was looking for...Colour...Sensation...Happiness. She relived blond curls running through her fingers, brown eyes tilted up at her with innocent delight as sweat pooled on a top lip still speckled with the downy fluff of youth, the overwhelming pleasure of that first sweet possession.

No

Somehow she forced it out; protectively hovering over those precious memories like a lioness would protect her cubs from a ravenous pack of hyenas.