Chapter 12

Chapter Text

-/-

She was being ignored.

Normally being ignored by The Mistress would not be a point of concern, in fact there were planets out in the cosmos who would pay good money to be permanently ignored by the time lady. Yet there was a difference between being forgotten about and being obviously and deliberately blanked. It was a state of total blind avoidance that was so blatant that that is was impossible to ignore in response. A form of evasion so insidious that it crept into Osgood's scull and despite being chained up and threatened by an overgrown mollusc The Mistress's cold shoulder was literally all Osgood could think about.

Even when the guards returned and escorted them in silence down the hidden service corridors, and down into a more ornate part of the building. Osgood should have been looking and searching for a means of escape, or if nothing else taking the time to soak in what might have been her last few minutes alive on an alien planet. Instead all she could think of was the icy furious expression on Missy's face when Sil had incorrectly labelled Osgood The Doctor's mate of all things...where the hell he had gotten that idea from Osgood couldn't even begin to imagine.

Still at least it had gotten them out of that cell; there had been some rather nasty looking pieces of equipment in there that Osgood doubted had any pleasant applications. Their new surroundings were some sort of sitting room, and several closed doors that led off to who knows where. A few feet away from where they were restrained there were comfortable looking lounging chairs, not that they would be using them the guards had left them bound to some sort of trellis and Osgood's nose twitched as some pretty alien plant tickled her nose and caused her already strained eyes to water.

Great alien hayfever just what she needed...just as long as the damn thing wasn't poisonous... although knowing her luck...

Yet somehow despite their new more pleasing surroundings Osgood doubted Sil was about to back down from his threat. He wanted The Doctor, he was going to use Osgood to lure him here under the misunderstanding that she was his mate. Yet she wondered how long the mentor was prepared to wait for the time lord before he attempted more drastic methods to entice him here. That was assuming The Doctor would even bother to come and rescue the former UNIT scientist even if she was threatened with torture or death? Why would he risk himself to save the woman who had committed treason and had turned her back on his own offer to travel with him in favour of The Mistress,?

The very Mistress who still wasn't talking to her...or even looking at her...

"Missy..." Osgood hissed brown eyes wide and pleading as the time lady somehow managed to shift her bound form until her back was now pretty much all Osgood could see of her. "Please don't be like this..."

Sulking, Osgood was sure no one at UNIT would believe her if she told them about this, a two thousand year old time lady sulking like a stroppy teenager and why? Because some unpleasant oozing slug alien thought that Osgood was The Doctor's girlfriend instead of her.

"I don't see why you would care what a giant slug thinks anyway?" Osgood prompted turning around to face The Mistress's back. "And couldn't it be a good thing? We know it's not true but if it means he underestimates you we can use it to our advantage surely?"

It was a strange situation, one Osgood would never have dreamt a month ago, that she would be faced with trying to reassure the newest incarnation of The Master and sooth her ruffled feathers. Although to be honest a month ago she wouldn't have thought The Master had feelings that could be hurt. For a being who claimed to be the Queen of Evil bent on subjugating the entire universe to her whims The Mistress was surprisingly sensitive.