Chapter 24

"Now let's find the gym." Ethan says while they are about to leave, Reisa, who is watching her tablet, says, "Well, guys. Shouldn't you let me do the contest first?"

East says, "You're right, the Cianwood Contest is today."

Then we decided to go to the Contest hall. Reisa uses Wartortle in the appealing round, then her Gyarados in the battle rounds. The judges and the audience are amazed at the Gyarados' performances, so Reisa wins the fourth contest easily.

When we arrive at the docks, we see a man training with his Poliwrath in combat, and when they train with Submission, we are surprised to see the man sent flying.

"That was perfect." The man says. We rush to him and I ask, "Are you okay, sir?"

"What are you thinking when you take a Submission like that?" Lillie asks. "That wasn't really safe."

The man says, "I'm just so pound of you, Poliwrath! That Submission attack is absolutely perfect!" Then they start to embrace with each other, much to our confusion.

"You in the hat, what's your name?" When the man asks me, we introduce ourselves.

"So what are you doing here? You wouldn't be happening to find the Cianwood City Gym, would you?" He asks.

"Yes, we are." I say, but then he suddenly yells at us to march double time over to the Cianwood Gym.

Then the Poliwrath is the first one to arrive at the gym, then us, and the man comes last and he is falling onto his knees in exhaustion. East asks, "Are you going to be okay?"

"How much further are you going to take us?" I ask.

"We're here. This is it." The man says as we notice the gym building in front of us. And much to our surprise, a lot of people with Fighting Type Pokemon come running out of the entrance.

"Welcome back, Master!" We are surprised that the man over here is their master. I ask, "Then you must be..."

"The Cianwood City Gym Leader. I'm the leanest, meanest, toughest, roughest, fighting Pokémon Master in all the land... but you can call me Chuck."

But then, instead of entering the gym building, we enter Chuck's house for a meal with nutrient-rich food. Then Chuck's wife comes to us and asks, "So you're here for the Storm Badge?"

"Yeah..." I say.

"Well, you shouldn't have any problem beating that flabby husband of mine." She says.

"Hey! Who are you calling flabby?" Chuck retorts.

After we finish the meal, Reisa says, "The food is actually delicious."

"Yeah, and it is so much more." Lillie says. "It wasn't just a meal. It is actually Pokemon Power Food. A nutritious meal that used to strengthen Trainers and Pokemon alike. Every students and Pokemon in this gym is serious about their training."

"All right, time to burn up those calories! What do you say, are you ready for our battle, Ash?" Chuck yells.

"We are." I say.

"Now everyone, go to your positions. I'll be waiting at the end of the gym!"

I guess it is finally time for us to challenge the gym. When we step inside the door, we are surprised to see a giant waterfall in front of us.

The Gym guide says, "The Pokémon at this Gym are all rough and tough. They could blow me away in a second. Let me give you a piece of advice. The Gym Leader uses Fighting-type Pokémon. You can try to fool them with Psychic-type Pokémon. Or simply defeat them before they can demonstrate their power. By the way, Chuck, the Gym Leader, is into his waterfall training. He won't be able to hear you unless you somehow stop the pounding water."