Chapter 30

Now we are at the gym when we get inside, we find that the field is filled with ice. Lillie has stars in her eyes and says, "Oh wow...an Ice Type field!"

"Well, Lillie sure is an Ice Type lover." I chuckle. "But I have to admit. This place is actually a little cold."

We find the Gym Guide as he says, "Pryce is a veteran who has trained Pokémon for some 50 years. As you'll find, his attacks will make you shiver in this freezing Gym. Are you ready to be frozen solid? I mean... keep up a hot fighting spirit against ice!"

"Yeah..." I say, but the ice that we're walking on is very slippery, and we crash into an ice, which also moves forward and crashes into another ice block.

"Ash, are you okay?" Kris asks with concern.

"I'm fine...this Gym sure is tricky..." I say as we leave the first room to the second room, where two trainers are there as well as the ice puzzle.

"To get to Pryce, our Gym Leader, you need to thin before you skate." Skier Diana says as she sends out Jynx. I go for Typhlosion, as it swiftly defeats Ninetales using Flamethrower and Rollout. "I won't lose to you in skiing."

"Yeah, you might be a pro skier, but I am a battler." I say as I challenge the next Gym Trainer, a Boarder named Patton.

"The Gym has a slippery floor. It's fun, isn't it? But hey! We're not playing here!" Patton sends out two Swinubs to battle, and both of them are easily defeated by my Lapras.

"Do you see how serious we are?" The Gym Trainer asks.

"I know." Then we continue the puzzle and get to the final room. There are three Gym Trainers as well as a giant ice maze. The third trainer is a Boarder named Deandre, and he says, "Hey, hey, are you shivering? Are you scared to fight me?"

"Of course not." He sends out Seel, Dewgong, and Seel again. All three of them are easily defeated by Pikachu. "You're so strong, it's scary!"

The fourth trainer is a Skier named Jill, and she says, "Check out my parallel turn!"

She sends out Dewgong to battle, and I do the same thing again by having Pikachu defeat it. "No! You made me wiped out!"

And the final trainer is a Boarder named Gerardo. He says, "I know Pryce's secret."

This causes us to be interested, but he has to defeat a Seel, a Cloyster, and a Shellder, but with Pikachu's overpowered moves, he manages to defeat it with ease.

"Okay, I'll tell you his secret. He trains every day on top of the ice."

"On top of ice? Weird..." East mutters as we manage to get to the Gym Leader, who is sitting on the ice while waiting for them.

"Pokémon have many experiences in their lives, just like we do. I, too, have seen and suffered much in my life. Since I am your elder, let me show you what I mean. I have been training Pokémon since before you were born. I do not lose easily. I, Pryce - the Winter Trainer - shall demonstrate my power!"

It is a three-on-three battle, and Pryce goes for Seel as his first Pokemon. I decided to go with Sunflora. Pryce says, "A Sunflora I see...however, plants will wilt after a harsh snowstorm! Use Hail!"

Seel summons a giant hail as Sunflora is shivering a little, I yell, "Sunflora, counter Hail with Sunny Day!"

Sunflora manages to change the weather with ease, and then it goes for Bullet Seed, which is super effective against Seel. Seel goes for Rest, and then Snore to deal some damage to Sunflora.

"Rest and Snore...at least it is not Sleep Talk." Reisa says. "But the flinch from the Snore is not going to do good to Sunflora..."

"Sunflora, finish Seel with Solar Beam!" Sunflora uses the move and with the help of Sunny Day, Seel is knocked out of the battle while sleeping.