Chapter 36

We enjoy a hearty breakfast with Clair the next day and also learn that East sneaked out of his room last night to catch a Delibird for his team.

"I heard that the Silver Conference will take place in three months in Silver Town, I suggest that you go register at New Bark Town." Clair says.

"Then we will go to New Bark Town next." I say.

Just then, Team Rocket shows up and they try to steal my badges, not just the ones with the Pokemon League, but the other ones given to me by Daisy and Yellow. There are a total of 17 of them. I have Meganium and Delibird help me search for the badges, and they help us find the badges after Team Rocket is sent flying. They also say that there is a Wynaut who helps them, but we didn't see any Pokemon like that around there.

Now we're at Route 45, a rugged route leading down from the mountains. The ravine forces the path to split and recombine multiple times, and many small ledges prevent northbound travel.

When we are having a picnic, we see a lot of Gligar swooping our food.

"Our food!" We yell in shock. I have Togetic use Metronome, which becomes Energy Ball, but the Gligar all dodge and leave.

"Those sure are some nasty thieves." East says.

"Look! There's one over there!" We notice a Gligar too busy eating an apple to notice. After quickly scoffing down the apple and making a face at the gang, it tries to take off but the attempt is misjudged and it falls onto me.

"Hey, get off of me." I yell as Lillie and Ethan are helping me up. After getting up, it finds itself surrounded by the angry stares of Pikachu and Togetic. It quickly leaves to rejoin its group.

East says, "Gligar is also a Flying Type, I think I want to capture one."

"Me too, we still haven't finished the Johto Pokedex." I say. Then we decided to use food as bait to let them come. However, Team Rocket comes and they try to steal the food and the Gligar who are devouring the food. Fortunately, the same Gligar who fell onto me comes and frees them from the net using Fury Cutter, and Team Rocket's balloon is also sent flying because of the X-scissor.

"East! Hurry before they get off!" I yell.

East nods as he manages to throw a Fast Ball, capturing the Gligar. I try to throw one, but the winds are causing the Gligar to dodge my balls.

"Oh no..." I frown. Lillie says, "I guess maybe next time..."

But much to our surprise, one of the Gligar, the same one who fell on me, comes at us and lands on me once more.

"Not again..." I mutter before Lillie is helping me up. Then Gligar reveals that he wants to join my team, and he even gives me a weird wink. I decide to take the Gligar and capture it.

Gligar: The Fly Scorpion Pokemon: Ground and Flying Type. It builds its nest on a steep cliff. When it is done gliding, it hops along the ground back to its nest.

Then we decide to take a break at the nearby lake and relax with their Pokémon out of their Poké Balls. As all the Pokémon are relaxing, they notice something shiny fly through the air. After a few seconds, it becomes clear it is a net that opens up and traps all the Pokémon.

"What's going on here?" Ethan asks.

Then Team Rocket makes an appearance takes the net and begins to fly away, only to be attacked by something.

"What's going on?" Kris asks.

"I guess they are the reason..." Lillie points at a bunch of Ursaring, they send Team Rocket flying and then they try to attack us as well.