Chapter 37

Route 46 has nothing special for us, so we head back to New Bark Town. We meet Professor Elm and he says, "You never cease to amaze me! Thanks to you, my research is going great! Take this as a token of my appreciation."

Then we receive the Master Ball from him. He says, "The Master Ball is the best! It's the ultimate Poké Ball! It'll catch any Pokémon without fail. It's given only to noted Pokémon researchers. I think you can make much better use of it than I can!"

"Yeah, I still remember how we are battling in the Silph Co. to stop Giovanni from stealing this item..." I say.

Just then, an assistant rushes to Professor Elm and he yells, "Professor! The egg!"

We are confused and we all rush to the lab, and there is actually an egg on it. The egg is glowing, meaning that it is hatching. The egg then hatches into a Larvitar.

"It's a Larvitar!" I say.

Professor Elm says, "This is strange... it is not moving around, not to mention that this Pokemon's temperature is also too low for a Rock Pokemon." Then we decide to give the Larvitar heat, but much to our surprise, the Pokemon's body temperature is getting lower.

I decide to hug the Larvitar, because I have the Flame Plate, and Professor Elm thinks that it is the best idea. But that night, when I was sleeping, I found myself in a dark place and then I was spinning around. It was when I fell into the water that I realized I was inside of the box this whole time. Then the scene changes and I find myself being kicked around, and then I find a truck approaching me as I am about to be hit. It was then that I woke up.

I found myself on the bed, still holding Larvitar in my hand. "Larvitar... are you having a nightmare? I think I also saw it as well..."

When the door knocks, I at first thought it was Professor Elm, but it turned out to be my Mom. I gasped, "Mom?"

She's not the only one there, Professor Oak is also in the lab. Then Professor Oak notices the Larvitar and he decides to work with Professor Elm to find out what's going on with the egg.

"So what are you doing here, Mom? What did you do with the four commanders?" I ask.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about them anymore." My mom says, "You all must have been starving, so how about I cook you guys some breakfast?"

We all nod in delight. Then the Professors manage to get Larvitar's body temperature up and make it conscious, but Larvitar still doesn't respond to external stimuli and it hasn't eaten, making it obvious a problem still exists. Then we decide to leave Larvitar alone as we have breakfast.

"I was thinking, I might have known what's wrong with that Larvitar..." I then explained the dream to the Professors. "If he has suffered too much, it is no wonder that he doesn't want to be in this world."

"You know, Ash. That is a pretty good theory. Which explains the reason for Larvitar's unresponse." Elm says.

"Professor Elm, can I just carry Larvitar outside for a while? If I show Larvitar how great the world is, he might start to like it."

When we are outside, Larvitar is already awake, and I am showing how great the world is. Lillie sits beside me and says, "You know, Ash... I actually had the same dream as you last night."

"You do? But why? I mean, you weren't holding Larvitar..." I say.

"I don't know, maybe it is because of you?" Lillie asks.

Then before we can discuss further, Team Rocket of course is going to show up and try to take the Larvitar. We try to get Larvitar away, but he's too scared to move. Pikachu tries to zap the vehicle, but it's shockproof, and Team Rocket grabs Pikachu with the other hand. With the net, they go for Larvitar, but a herd of Jumpluff gets in the way. As Larvitar watches the Jumpluff being swatted away and hitting the ground, it remembers bouncing through the streets as an Egg and uses Screech. The shrill sound forces everyone to block their ears.