Sharing Secrets

Varian and Rapunzel barge into their suite.... Rapunzel is in hysterics 

Rapunzel: Your very first party ever! Your very first party! Oh I know! Let's tell each other something we've never told anyone.... I'll go first: Cassandra and I are going to be very best friends! (squeals)

Varian: Really? You told her that?

Rapunzel: No, she doesn't know yet.... Now, you tell me a secret 

Varian: Like what?

Rapunzel: Like.... Why do you always with this funny, little, green bottle under your pillow?

Rapunzel grabs the bottle 

Varian: Give that back

Rapunzel: C'mon, Tell me tell me!

Varian: It was my mother's! That's all..

silence

Rapunzel hands Varian back the bottle 

Rapunzel: It's not fair. I told you a really good one

Varian: My father hates me

Rapunzel: *Gasp*

Varian: No, that's not the secret. It's my fault....

Rapunzel: What is?

Varian: .... That my sister is the way she is.  (Pause). You see, when my mother was carrying Willow, my father was worried that the new baby might come out.....

Both: Green 

Varian: So he made my mother chew milk flowers, day and night. But that made Willow come too soon, with her little legs all tangled. And my mother never woke up. None of which ever would have happened if not for me.

Rapunzel: But that was the milk flower's fault, not yours. That may be your secret, Varian, but that doesn't make it true. Oh look, it's tomorrow! Var.... Do you mind if I call you Var? 

Varian: Well, it's a little perky 

Rapunzel: And you can call me.... Raps. So.... Var.... now that we're friends, I've decided to make you my new project!

Varian: You really don't have to do that.

Rapunzel: I know that's what makes me so nice