Act 2: Thank goodness

Caronians: Every day the wicked every day the terror grows all of Carona is ever on alert that's the way the wicked-- spreading fear everywhere he goes seeking out new victims he can hurt!

Caronian Woman: Like some terrible green blizzard throughout the land he flies.....

Caronian Man: Defaming our poor Wizard 

Caronians: With his calumnies and lies, he lies! Save us from the wicked shield us, so we won't be hexed give us a warning where will he strike next (x3)  

Rapunzel: Cassandra, and Madam Gothal appear in a podium 

Rapunzel: Fellow Caronians, as terrifying as terror is, let us put aside our panic for this one day.... and celebrate! (singing) Oh what a celebration we'll have today!

Caronians: Thank goodness! 

Rapunzel: Let's have a celebration the Rapunzel way!

Caronians: Thank goodness! 

Gothal: Finally a day that's totally Wicked Wizard free

All: We couldn't be happier thank goodness!

Gothal: And thank goodness for you, Rapunzel, and your friend, our new captain of the guard (talking to Cassandra) Now you've been at the forefront of the hunt for the Wicked Wizard, haven't you?

Cassandra: Not really, but I don't like to think of him as a Wicked Wizard

Gothal: Captain, how does it feel?

Cassandra: Frustrating.... but I became the captain of the guard to find him, and I will keep searching!

 Gothal: No, being engaged!

Caronians: Congratulations!

Cassandra (to Rapunzel confused) This is an engagement party?

Rapunzel: Surprised?

Cassandra: Yes!

Rapunzel: Good.. we hoped you'd be.... the Wizard and I! (singing) We couldn't be happier right dear? Couldn't be happier right here look what we've got a fairy tale plot our very own happy ending true dear? couldn't be happier and we're happy to share our ending vicariously with all of you! She couldn't look beautiful I couldn't be humbler because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true...

Gothal: and Rapunzel, dear, we're happy for you! As press secretary, I have striven to ensure that all of Carona knows the story of your braverism! How I vividly remember....

Gothal: The day you were first summoned to an audience with Oz, and although he would not tell you initially when you bowed before his throne he decreed you'd hence be known as Rapunzel the good officially

Cassandra: That's not how you described it to me 

Rapunzel: Oh no, not exactly, but (Whispers) We'll talk about it later 

Gothal: Then with a jealous squeee The Wicked Wizard burst from concealment where he had been lurking surreptitiously

The crowd gasps 

Caronian: I hear he has an extra eye that always remains awake!

Caronian: I hear that he can shed his skin as easily as a snake!

Caronian: I hear some rebel animals are giving him some food and shelter!

Caronian: I hear his sole is so unclean, pure water can melt him!

Cassandra: What?!

Caronians: Melt him! Please somebody go and melt him!

Cassandra: Do you hear that?! Water will melt him? People are so empty-headed they'll believe anything!

Rapunzel: Excuse me just a tick-tock!

Rapunzel and Cassandra talk alone 

Cassandra: Raps, I can't just stand here grinning pretending to go along with all of this!

Rapunzel: Do you think I like to hear them say all those awful things about him? I don't Cass!

Cassandra: Then what are we doing here? Let's go! Let's get out of here! 

Rapunzel: We can't leave now, not when the people are looking at us to raise their spirits

Cassandra: You can't leave, because you can't resist it. And that's the truth 

Rapunzel: Maybe I can't. Is that so wrong? Who could? 

Cassandra: You know who could. Who has.

Rapunzel: Cass, I miss him too, but we can't just stop living. No one has searched harder for him than you. But don't you see? He doesn't want to be found. We have to face it

Cassandra: You're right. I'm sorry. You're right. And if it's going to make you happy, of course I'll be soul mates with you Raps  

Rapunzel: But it'll make you happy too? 

Cassandra: You know me.... I'm always happy (runs off)

Rapunzel: Cassandra! Thanks plenty dearest! She's gone to fetch! me a refreshment. She's so thoughtful that way! (singing) That's why I couldn't be happier, I couldn't be happier though it is I admit , the tiniest bit unlike I anticipated, but I couldn't be happier simply couldn't be happier (speaking) Well, not simply.....

Rapunzel: "Cuz getting your dreams, it's strange as it seems a little, well, complicated..... There's a kind sort of cost, when a couple of things get lost..... There are bridges you crossed but didn't know until you've crossed and if that joy that thrill doesn't thrill like you think it will.... Still.... With this perfect finally the cheers and the ballyhoo who couldn't be happier.

Rapunzel: Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true..... Well isn't it? Happy happy is what happens when all your dreams come....... True

Caronians: We love you Rapunzel if we may be so frank!

Rapunzel: Thank goodness!

Caronians: For all this joy we know who we've got to thank! Thank goodness! That means the Wizard, Rapunzel

Rapiunzel: And soul mate!

Caronians: They couldn't be goodlier she couldn't be lovelier we couldn't be luckier!

Rapunzel: I couldn't be happier!!!

Caronians: Thank goodness!!!

Rapunzel: Today!!!

Caronians: Today, thank goodness for today!!!