🏈5🏈

Kayla's POV

"So what was kissing him like?", Steph questions. It is Monday morning and we are skipping first period, standing in front of a bunch of lockers.

"Kissing him was meh"

I am a liar. When Aaron and I agreed to this, I didn't even expect him to catch me properly, much less to kiss with so much... passion. Even at the party, we had had a moment, though that was only because we were performing for the crowds.

Still...

I had been worried when he left without warning, with that look of panic on his face. I had wanted to contact him, but I realized that I didn't even have his phone number. Eventually, I had forgotten about him as I had been parting all weekend, but now, as I was in school about to see him again, I couldn't help the hint of concern which I felt.

A mild very tiny almost invisible hint.

I voiced my concerns to Steph who gave a light smile.

"He probably has to run home or something. A boy like that isn't used to such a huge party and needs some air."

Her explanation makes sense but I remember the look of desperation, almost a type of fear on his face. I shake it off. Frankly, I couldn't care less as long as he is still alive to play my fake boyfriend.

"So what did you do?", I ask, and she grins.

"Dad grounded me again, so I had to use the apple tree to get to the party. They are pissing me off Kay. One of these days, I'll open Lion's cage and set him on them."

I laugh. Lion is Steph's pet python, and he's basically harmless. Still, I get her wanting to put a snake on her parents – if I had a father who wouldn't let me take over a law firm that I had been dreaming of since I was a kid, I'd be pretty pissed too.

We chat for a while before I look at my watch and decide I should be off.

"Well, I've got to go", I wave.

"To class?", Steph asks, a look of mock horror on her face and I grin.

"Of course not. I'm off to the arts lab. Aaron hasn't turned me good yet", and with a smirk, I set off while Steph walks in the opposite direction.

I have barely gone anywhere when I suddenly feel a sharp tug on my arm and I am jerked into an empty room, landing hard on my butt. Groaning, I get up rubbing my backside to find a pretty brunette glaring at me.

"Girl what is your problem?", I say as I glare at her.

"You are my problem.", she replies, her voice high and haughty, like all those villain princesses in Barbie cartoons. Don't get me wrong though, I don't watch Barbie, but some shorts come up on my TikTok and YouTube.

Anyhow I digress.

"How am I your problem girl", I say, moving towards her. "I don't even know you. do you want to fight or something?" I am already hyped up. I haven't had a pro[er fight in weeks.

"Oh no.", she says, turning up her perfectly pointed nose. "I'm Alicia Gray. Aaron's ex girlfriend." She offers me a hand to shake.

So this was her.

I mentally did a closer examination of the girl – I mean she is my competition for the next month or two.

Perfectly pointed nose, perfectly nest uniform, not a hair out of place and diamond earrings in her dark hair. I could practically smell the aroma of a rich privileged girl who had had everything she wanted since she was old enough to speak.