🏈10🏈

Kayla's POV:

I pull into the driveway and get out of the car, slamming the door shut.

That wasn't fair though. The car didn't do anything.

I sigh as I rummage through my bag for my set of keys, then I open the door. I smell food cooking and I smile.

"Dad?", I call out and he pokes out his head from the kitchen.

"Kayla, you're home early", he says in Italian.

"So are you", I reply back in Italian.

He gives me a smile as he pops his head back into the kitchen. I carry my bag up the stairs to my room, and once I am safely in, I slam the door shut and toss the bag into a corner.

This week has been absolutely frustrating, and I am so glad that it is over. Steph tried to beg me to go to Marcus' party with her and Quinn, but I just wasn't feeling in the party mood.

I take off my shirt and skirt, and put on a pair of shorts, not bothering with a shirt.

I wonder what Aaron is doing

The thought pops unbidden in my head, and I wave it away. I've been waving away thoughts of him throughout this week. I can't bear to think of how I embarrassed myself that day. I have been avoiding him ever since and I even skip some of the classes that we have together.

The kiss followed by his blatant rejection still haunts my memories. Hey, I don't blame him – I would have rejected such a sudden kiss as well.

But I just don't understand why I kissed him.

"Kayla", my dad shouts from downstairs. "Someone is here to see you"

"Tell Steph that I am not going to the party", I yell back, slightly annoyed. Steph has been trying to persuade me to go to this party since it was 'Quinn's first party and we need to be there to cheer her on'. It would be just like her to try and persuade me to go last minute, but I can't. it's a football party, and Aaron might be there.

Man something must be wrong with me.

I grab my headphones, and put them over my head while I play some Eminem – his music makes me feel like a dangerous little baddie. I rustle in my bag for my sketchbook, then I settle on the floor cross-legged and begin to sketch out my latest idea.

Vaguely I hear footsteps coming up but I don't take any notice. In retrospect, that was a big mistake.

My room door opens and I hear a gasp.

"Dad, I've told you to knock...", I start, but I falter as I look up.

Aaron.

I blink to make sure that I am not imagining that Aaron Delany, football team captain and my fake boyfriend is currently standing in my room while I am wearing nothing but a bra and some shorts.

"I... I'm sorry, I should have knocked", Aaron stutters, his face bright red with embarrassment.

It takes every ounce of self-control for me to not just dig a hole a die. Instead, I shrug and go back to my sketching, highly aware that his eyes are on me.

He clears his throat and I look up again.

"Could you put on a shirt please?"

Luckily, there is a green t-shirt right next to me, so I quickly put it on, then I stand to face him.

He is not in his uniform, which is strange to me – he usually looks so formal, so it's odd to see him in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt which shows off his perfectly sculpted muscles.