🏈11🏈

Aaron's POV:

"I am going home Kayla. Goodnight", I say, and before I do something I will regret, I get out of there, hop into my car and drive. Under the speed limit of course.

Kayla will probably be worried and confused, but I couldn't care less. Not after what one of her kind had done to Quinn.

I know it seems petty and all, but I can't help it. Kayla is not only the bad girl, but the prankster. She has played pranks on a lot of people that I know and she never stops to think about how it affects people. Yes, it wasn't her who hurt Quinn, but she has done similar to people who can't speak up, all in the name of 'having a little bit of fun'.

I sigh. Recently, Kayla hasn't done anything too horrible, and I should be able to think that she is changing for the better. However, flashbacks on what people have suffered because of her recklessness keep flashing in my mind. I call her a serpent. She is cunning and full of pranks, yet she knows how to wriggle her way out of punishment.

And yet, as much as I hate that about her, it's also what intrigues me.

The drive home passes in a blur, my thoughts consumed by the dark haired green eyed girl with the precious pouty pink lips. However, as soon as I arrive home, my senses are on overdrive. There is a car packed in the driveway, and my first thought is that my parents are around. However, on closer inspection, I realize that it is not my parents' car, so I force my mind to move on to other options.

Could my parents have bought a new car? No very unlikely.

Could it be burglars? Even more unlikely. Burglars don't park in the driveways of the houses that they are about to rob. Still, in 2023, it's possible for someone to be dumb enough to do it.

I run through a few more theories, but eventually come to the conclusion that to find out who owns the car, I'll have to enter the house.

Quietly, I creep in, but the house is in total darkness. I sneak up the stairs, peering into my little brother, Timothy's, room. There is a small night light on, but Tim is fast asleep, his glasses still on his face, a biology textbook in front of him. I sigh as I tidy up the room, keep the book and glasses on his study desk, and tuck him into bed.

By this time, I am confident that no one is in the house – maybe someone just parked the car and left to another house – so I make my way to my bedroom.

My first sign that things are wrong is that, through the crack under the door I can see that the light in my room is on. I never forget to turn off the lights which means that the intruder, whoever he or she is, is in my room at this moment.

With anticipation, I gently turn the handle, and open the door a crack. It's not much, but it's just enough for me to see a figure laying on my bed, a figure with dark brown hair and glasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

"Caleb", I half question, half shout as I open the door wider. There is no doubt about it – the person seated on my bed is Caleb, my older brother.

"Aaron you little menace", he grins, standing up to give me a guy hug before ruffling his knuckles in my hair. "You're late. Did mom and dad give you permission to stay out for this long?"

I look down at the ground and he laughs. "Breaking the rules, Aaron. What a disappointment.", he says, mimicking dad's stern voice, and I can't keep myself from laughing.

"How is law school?", I ask, sitting beside him on the bed.

"Tedious, but I can handle it. I'm lucky that I actually like law, else I might have dropped out already"